• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What is the ONE GA In your Collection that you'll NEVER Sell?
2 2

93 posts in this topic

What is the ONE GA In your Collection that you'll NEVER Sell?

What is the ONE GA In your Collection that you will NEVER Sell? 

Also possible question.   What Golden age in your collection that you've SOLD but wish you didn't !  I'm guilty of many of these :)

Let me hear the stories guys

Happy Memorial Day! B|

There are books I thought I'd never sell but did, and books I've had for decades that i've never gotten around to selling, but honestly I can't say why, as they don't mean that much to me anymore. Usually they just aren't worth all that much, so perhaps it just laziness. I can't say there is one book I'd never sell, but there are a couple that if I did, it would probably mean there is nothing I no longer wish to keep. 

Not because it's all that rare... (heck, there are six in 9.6, and four in 9.8)... but I bought this bit of history in 1991... I wrote a letter of appreciation to Bill Gaines, and he actually wrote me back, just a couple years before he died...

I can't say I'd never, ever, sell it... but it would only happen under the most dire of circumstances.  ws14_6of12c_zpsyxecicqv.jpg

Was once watching a TV news segment about a guy who'd spent a lifetime building a collection of Star Wars memorabilia.  A less enlightened friend was watching it with me.  When questioned, the collector said he'd sunk about a million dollars into the collection over the years.  At that, my friend laughed and mocked the guy for "wasting" all that money.  I said, "Yeah, but all he needs to do is sell everything, and he's then got several million bucks." 

Hardly a waste of money.

Edited by 29dukedog
Added material

5 hours ago, eccomic said:

This would be the GA book I would NEVER sell. Triumph-Adventure Comics # 2 with the ICONIC first Nelvana of the Northern Lights cover.  :cloud9:

Triumph 20004.jpg

But will Ruth sell it when you step out for gas? :whistle: