• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What is the ONE GA In your Collection that you'll NEVER Sell?
2 2

93 posts in this topic

This is a very interesting question. It would be easy for me to say that I'll keep my favorite covers like Phantom Lady #17 or Seven Seas #4 until the very end, but chances are that if the right offer comes along during a time where raising funds is important (kids' college tuition, new home, etc.), I'll probably take it. That being said, if I can only keep one book in my collection for the next 30 years or so (I'm 45 now), it would have to be the highest graded Edgar Church copy of a cover I love. It was a tough decision, but I'd probably go with Rusty #14 since it's one of my top 5 favorite teen humor GGA type covers, and will likely never command the same resale value as the more sought after Junior covers in my collection. Even back 10 years ago when I purchased this book off Ebay I paid around $1,200 after the owner had only spent $750 a few months prior. I had to have it!

592dafca9b5ba_rustycomics14cgc9_2l.jpg.43dc6047e0e76a57f8857ee10dcf8cd0.jpg

48 minutes ago, Saleen333 said:

If I had to pick one book it would be my Pep 38 tuff book Alex Schomberg cover it belong to Larry Harris who was a big part of Pep Comics  with Catfish Joe and once I sell it I doubt I'd find another one since it the tuffest book to find in the Pep run.

IMG_0479.JPG

Now that you mention it, I don't think I have ever seen a copy of that book and Schomburg is about my favorite GA artist.

3 hours ago, skybolt said:

This is a very interesting question. It would be easy for me to say that I'll keep my favorite covers like Phantom Lady #17 or Seven Seas #4 until the very end, but chances are that if the right offer comes along during a time where raising funds is important (kids' college tuition, new home, etc.), I'll probably take it. That being said, if I can only keep one book in my collection for the next 30 years or so (I'm 45 now), it would have to be the highest graded Edgar Church copy of a cover I love. It was a tough decision, but I'd probably go with Rusty #14 since it's one of my top 5 favorite teen humor GGA type covers, and will likely never command the same resale value as the more sought after Junior covers in my collection. Even back 10 years ago when I purchased this book off Ebay I paid around $1,200 after the owner had only spent $750 a few months prior. I had to have it!

592dafca9b5ba_rustycomics14cgc9_2l.jpg.43dc6047e0e76a57f8857ee10dcf8cd0.jpg

Wow cool book it has everything going for it!