• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What is the ONE GA In your Collection that you'll NEVER Sell?
2 2

93 posts in this topic

A lot of the picks here I figured, and clearly we are for the most part rooting choices in sentiment moreso than value. I lean the same way with my reasoning. To me, Cap IS the Golden Age, so I will go with my first GA Cap, which also happens to be a hard one to find, even as Caps go. If I had one left, this one would symbolize much of collecting for me. (Similarly, my last SA to go would be Avengers 4 and Flash 123, as they symbolize the bringing together of the GA and the SA, in many ways as the birth of continuity.)

image.jpeg

Well, I can't see myself selling this one.  Bought for two cents at Mickey's on Clement St in San Francisco when I was a wee bonnie laddie.  Actually, I may not have been all that bonnie, but I was definitely wee.  Of course, it's not actually GA but I'm feeling rebellious tonight. :sumo:

8f04ab0b-d069-4f8a-bc0c-1aea26335f68_zps

Well then, following in Sqeggs' "Rebel Without a Cause" attitude, I would like to offer the following.

If I had to pick just one GA to hold onto, it would likely be either my Action 2 (as it is one of my all time favorite GA covers and the second appearance of the man himself) or maybe my B&W "If the Devil Would Talk" (as I wanted a copy for many years and finally found one - thanks to a board member).

I think I have posted pictures of both those books before, however, to be honest, the ONE book I would likely keep at the expense of losing ALL my other books is THIS copy of this book (not previously posted).  It is December 1958, and thus well outside the GA, however, I treasure this more than any of my GA.

imageproxy.php?img=&key=31b352271b3a5a4b

592e386e65c6a_Dads247lowres.thumb.jpg.d82d3d979aeb8414676b8c75e974280b.jpg

Edited by Hudson

3 hours ago, GoldCap said:

I'd like to think I'd never sell my copy of Captain America Comics #78 as it would be impossible to acquire all of the signatures again but there is a 5.0 with the same signatures out there.  Also, if selling it helped me land a Cap #1 I'd do it :shy:

592f4149c4844_CaptainAmericaComics78sigs.thumb.jpg.4b09ab01d4c34e6a081ca09fe04189c3.jpg

Now that is a sig copy!

3 hours ago, vaillant said:

Hard to tell… A book I would probably keep for the significance of the story is Four Favorites #12, but I love my National #18 as well, and the early Daredevil by Charles Biro…

kqFzlenh.jpg

You KNOW i love this one Brother!! 

Was FINALLY able to upgrade my copy!! Still not as nice as yours but it has nice pages and the centerfold is attached. TOUGH book!!

34211457643_a4e49f4c74_b.jpg

18 hours ago, GoldCap said:

I'd like to think I'd never sell my copy of Captain America Comics #78 as it would be impossible to acquire all of the signatures again but there is a 5.0 with the same signatures out there.  Also, if selling it helped me land a Cap #1 I'd do it :shy:

592f4149c4844_CaptainAmericaComics78sigs.thumb.jpg.4b09ab01d4c34e6a081ca09fe04189c3.jpg

Not a fan of cover signatures as a rule, but that is one great line up and very nice placement. I have my first MAD #1 signed at the bottom of each of the artist's respective stories plus Kurtzman at the top of the page with a couple of doodles. My kids both want it and will have to fight it out after I'm gone.