• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What is the ONE GA In your Collection that you'll NEVER Sell?
2 2

93 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, sagii said:

@Ricksneatstuff I'm surprised your Science Comics #2 isn't here. I know your 'catch and release' system on some books, but that's one i'd certainly keep :cloud9:

Sweeet book, no doubt, and the second highest unrestored copy, so that is pretty cool. I can't say it will never leave though, given the value. I have a sweet spot where the monetary value is still low enough that I can keep something happily in a box in my house and I am not sure that one is low enough to meet the threshold long term. For now though, it is dreamy. :cloud9:

I think for me I would find it hard to get rid of this one, with the exception of an upgrade. One of my favorite PCH covers. 

2017-06-01-0002.jpg

As far as regrets- My collecting tastes changed from Batman to PCH but I do sometimes wish I still had kept my Tec 69.

tec 69.jpg

Edited by X_Phile

30 minutes ago, X_Phile said:

I think for me I would find it hard to get rid of this one, with the exception of an upgrade. One of my favorite PCH covers. 

2017-06-01-0002.jpg

As far as regrets- My collecting tastes changed from Batman to PCH but I do sometimes wish I still had kept my Tec 69.

tec 69.jpg

I think Ghost Comics number six is the hardest 1950s fiction house book to find.  I'm pretty sure it would also be the most expensive 

42 minutes ago, X_Phile said:

2017-06-01-0002.jpg

Ghost 6 is one of the great GGA covers. Excellent choice!

5 hours ago, X_Phile said:

2017-06-01-0002.jpg

tec 69.jpg

I regret selling my Tec' 69 as well, and now the book has a rather high value per point so I am afraid it is unlikely I will ever own another. Here was mine:

det69_zpsd7489b22.jpg

1 hour ago, Artboy99 said:

I regret selling my Tec' 69 as well, and now the book has a rather high value per point so I am afraid it is unlikely I will ever own another. Here was mine:

det69_zpsd7489b22.jpg

Funny, Detective 69 was my second-ever GA purchase, and I'd be reluctant to sell it. But other than The Batman and the Joker, what drew me into the GA was Jack Cole's Plastic Man.

So in line with the nostalgia theme some other boardies have riffed on in this thread, here is a book might not be my rarest book, or my most valuable book, or my most eye-catching book, but one that was an early GA milestone in my collection, and selling this "vital book" would mark an act of abject desperation:

Plastic_Man_1.thumb.png.ac1cafe771614eb88e416d93ab3a5ac1.png

10 hours ago, X_Phile said:

2017-06-01-0002.jpg

tec 69.jpg

That is a tough loss!  It is my favorite Golden Age Joker cover. 

7 hours ago, Zolnerowich said:

Funny, Detective 69 was my second-ever GA purchase, and I'd be reluctant to sell it. But other than The Batman and the Joker, what drew me into the GA was Jack Cole's Plastic Man.

So in line with the nostalgia theme some other boardies have riffed on in this thread, here is a book might not be my rarest book, or my most valuable book, or my most eye-catching book, but one that was an early GA milestone in my collection, and selling this "vital book" would mark an act of abject desperation:

Plastic_Man_1.thumb.png.ac1cafe771614eb88e416d93ab3a5ac1.png

A Classic for sure!!!!

7 hours ago, comicjack said:

Choosing gets harder with age 

Then it must be darn near impossible for Gary.

9 hours ago, Straw-Man said:

IMG_3765.PNG

Once I got past my vertigo, I can say I really quite like this book! A little unsullied pencil and ink work, a little color, and a little insight into the printing process. Good stuff!