• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Spidey Promos, Giveaways & Misc

90 posts in this topic

11 hours ago, wormboy said:

Cool!

Is that Marvel signed/numbered Treasury something that was sold directly from Marvel?

I think so yes. I can recall an ad for them - a one in 1,000 that you had to mail away for. I can't remember where I picked my copy up from or indeed whether it was legit. Long gone now though ?

48 minutes ago, Unca Ben said:

That's a damn cool collection, Steve.
I bought the Eye magazine when it came out just for the mini comic.  Both have sadly disappeared with time :frown:
And the Cartoon Museum  Art of Spider-Man looks delectable.  :luhv:
Lots'a other great stuff there as well.  Thanks for sharing!

Thanks David.  There's a lot more to post when I get time. Some of the promos were really hard to get. I paid some staggering sums to get them back in the day. Happily, others paid staggering sums when I sold them! I used to like the promos that had multiple printings.  The differences were very subtle sometimes so collecting them from the UK via eBay was shall we say very difficult! Sellers rarely like to check indicia's I found... ?

How did you fit all this hoard in a bungalo!! Your abode!! Your princley castle! I have a feeling that you haven't scratched the surface, or you must have been very focused and only had the spiderman lurking around in your collection :) @Marwood & I

3 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

How did you fit all this hoard in a bungalo!! Your abode!! Your princley castle! I have a feeling that you haven't scratched the surface, or you must have been very focused and only had the spiderman lurking around in your collection :) @Marwood & I

8,000 comics at it's peak. 7,859 had Spider-Man in them. Completist. Completionist. Nutter. 

16 minutes ago, Marwood & I said:

8,000 comics at it's peak. 7,859 had Spider-Man in them. Completist. Completionist. Nutter. 

lol

it's crazy that you found all those different versions of SM Power Pack! Love it. 

2 minutes ago, wormboy said:

lol

it's crazy that you found all those different versions of SM Power Pack! Love it. 

Yep. Shame the cover was so terrible.