• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Spidey Promos, Giveaways & Misc

90 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, 1950's war comics said:

You win a no-prize for the longest single scroll thru post !!!!!!!!!!

Go long or go home! :headbang:

What an impressive collection. (thumbsu I am a completist myself and also very focused. I see you have some foreigns in your collection. Any thought to expanding in that direction? I went in that direction when I ran out of U.S. Comics to buy.

On 2017-6-14 at 10:34 AM, rjrjr said:

What an impressive collection. (thumbsu I am a completist myself and also very focused. I see you have some foreigns in your collection. Any thought to expanding in that direction? I went in that direction when I ran out of U.S. Comics to buy.

Thanks @rjrjr but these are scans of books I used to own alas. Sold up a while back, long story. I do like the foreign editions and may well have gone down that road had I continued. I had a lot of the UK Spider-Man Comics Weekly back in the day. A full run of all 666 of those would've been fun. 

What are you completing in?

8 minutes ago, Anfield Fox said:

Did you keep a list?

I did, in various formats. I can't find the one with all the appearances in though.  And the mini series etc . Some more info here @Anfield Fox I was up in the loft yesterday.......

Very cool! I love the promo's, oddities and giveaways too. At one point like you I planned to collect every Spidey but It proved impossible, especially in high grade so I  just toned it down but still enjoy the hunt. Thanks for sharing.

2 hours ago, Anfield Fox said:

Very cool! I love the promo's, oddities and giveaways too. At one point like you I planned to collect every Spidey but It proved impossible, especially in high grade so I  just toned it down but still enjoy the hunt. Thanks for sharing.

Yep, it was only possible for me because I started a long time ago, when the keys were still 'reasonable'. I've posted this several times elsewhere, but if I could do it all again I'd avoid completism and just buy cracking looking books.