• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mephisto25 for probation

45 posts in this topic

Mephisto25 for probation

I would like to nominate Mephisto25 for probation. His name is Brandon Sipes and is from Canada. I've never nominated anyone before but want boardies to be aware before dealing with him. I purchased two books from him on March 26 after some negotiating and paid him immediately. Bottom line, I never received the books and never heard from him again, though I sent many messages to him. finally put in a claim through Paypal. He never answered them and I got my money back after 25 days.correspondence is included here.

You have all of your money back, right?

As terrible as this all sounds, isn't the probation list a way to make a buyer or seller fulfill there obligations?

I guess what I'm asking is, once this person is put on the probation list what kind of remedy would you accept to take them off?

If you say nothing, there is no reason to add them to the probation list.

I did get my money back but I believe there should be an avenue to warn others and probation is also a way to  discourage a seller from not fulfilling their obligation. Sort of like the strike Ebay gives you.

I needed to do a lot of leg work to get my money back. It took 25 days for Pappal to go through their procedures and give him time to respond.

I've never nominated anyone before so I'm new to the process.

Thanks

Edited by misterrmystery

3 minutes ago, misterrmystery said:

I did get my money back but I believe there should be an avenue to warn others and probation is also a way to  discourage a seller from not fulfilling their obligation. Sort of like the strike Ebay gives you.

I needed to do a lot of leg work to get my money back. It took 25 days for Pappal to go through their procedures and give him time to respond.

I've never nominated anyone before so I'm new to the process.

Thanks

I'm not sure he can be nominated if you're not out anything.
I agree that this sucks, but making this thread and putting his name out there definitely helps the community! (thumbsu

Edited by Jimmy Linguini