• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM - Wolverine LTD. Series #1

10 posts in this topic

asdfg.thumb.jpg.0a465f308332ad9e1e22be6c1e8fb7a4.jpg

asdf.thumb.jpg.9993606a9b7b93174c12db21fc24dd97.jpg

Hello all,

I was looking at my old books and I am interested in getting this book graded. This book has two sharp corners and the others aren't terrible, but they aren't as sharp as two of them. This book also suffers from some color breaking spine ticks. My current estimate with this book is anywhere from an 8.5 - 9.4 with a press. What do you guys think this book will grade and why?

Thanks in advance!

Edited by Payal Yusaf

2 hours ago, Payal Yusaf said:

imageproxy.php?img=&key=31b352271b3a5a4ba.thumb.jpg.068840393f412fb2435803c447a89440.jpgimageproxy.php?img=&key=31b352271b3a5a4bb.thumb.jpg.12c980c96f9da8788bfa88885e1aeb70.jpg

I am in the 8.5 possible 9.0 range.

Numerous spine ticks ( 7?), bottom left color rub, bottom right fuzzed corner, top left, small readers crease on left near the spine seen in black on Wolverine's shoulder.

Is the dark blob in the "E" on the book or on the scanner?***appears it is on the scanner since it isn't in your first scan.

Edited by Artboy99

From what I can see, I'd say should be an EASY 8.5 and depending on day, a 9.0. IMHO I wouldn't send it in. Instead, I'd sell the book on eBay RAW with GOOD pics. Take the money I clear and add to it the fees I WOULD have paid (roughly $50) and buy a minimum 9.2! 

Good luck!

Edited by TCGComics
Typo

1 hour ago, Payal Yusaf said:

Thanks for your response. I was going to send it in purely because I am going to have Claremont and miller sign it later this year. Would you guys send it in or should I consider the eBay option recently given to me?

That will add an additional sum to the fee category! If you figure $25/sig and then the additional cost for the SS designation, you'll be looking at about $125 (min as I believe Miller will cost you 2x what said above) total just for fees... Do you have a GPA account? If so, research the realized prices to see what your best move would be... 

You could buy a SS 9.4 Claremont/Miller for right around $200... You will be spending right around that to grade your "potential" 9.0 ? 

Again, just my thoughts and what I would have to think about... good luck!