• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM - Uncanny X-Men #266 ~ First Gambit GRADE IS IN!

13 posts in this topic

PGM - Uncanny X-Men #266 ~ First Gambit

scan0002.thumb.jpg.7191a1ec1708de92dfdd5d5215377de8.jpgscan0002.thumb.jpg.16ec488c059eebfc9f961edbe685e00e.jpg

I found another book that I would like to grade! This book has IMMACULATE corners. There are two very small spine ticks that are very hard to see on the top portion of the spine that are about 1/16 of an inch in length, maybe even shorter. This book also has WHITE pages. My current estimate for this book with a press would be a 9.6 - 9.8.

What do you guys think that this book will grade and why?

Thanks in advance!

Edited by Payal Yusaf

9.8 is a finicky animal..... while the grade might be a 9.6 or 9.8 it might depend on what the grader is feeling that day; I also feel that you may get a 9.8 and a press may gaurantee it, but it doesn't change the animal nor the grader's mood that day. Do "I" think that you have a 9.8 candidate, yes! but all I can say with certainty is that I don't see it grading lower than 9.6 ..... 

Nice book

On 5/30/2017 at 5:03 PM, Payal Yusaf said:

As a side note - in grading this book, please keep in mind that it has WHITE pages. Thank you.

I should also mention that it is hard for us to see the corners in the scan....

Maybe if you put a peice of copy paper on top of it when you do the scan...

Otherwise very nice book, but I can't see the spine tick so the scan isn't showing all of it

I had the same spine ticks that you describe and a blunted or frayed corner and I got a 9.2 on this book so I know it's up there just don't know how high

On 5/30/2017 at 5:03 PM, Payal Yusaf said:

As a side note - in grading this book, please keep in mind that it has WHITE pages. Thank you.

Place a colored piece of paper under your scans so the edges and corners are more visible. It makes it much easier to speculate as to what the potential grade may be. Nice book! I have one as well but it's a 9.0. I believe it was the first book I ever had graded. Good luck!