• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM - Spectacular Spiderman #64 ~ First Cloak and Dagger GRADE IS IN!

16 posts in this topic

PGM - Spectacular Spiderman #64 ~ First Cloak and Dagger

asdfdf.thumb.jpg.503eb6e5a57df0f09c0e6999753eb9e5.jpgasdfasdf.thumb.jpg.e7a4f21905dae7c57d0c53f28965c45b.jpg

Hello all,

I pulled out yet another book from my collection that I would like to get graded. This book has some spine ticks that don't break color (and very few that do) and very sharp corners. I am thinking about pressing this book. I believe that with a press, it will be in the 9.2 -9.6 range.

What would you guys grade this book and why? (This book has OW - W pages).

Edited by Payal Yusaf

I would say 8.5/8.0 without the press, but it's hard to see the back cause it's so white; and the front edge is cut off the scan .... ??? 

seems that I see a couple of ticks on the front however minor.... on the back if that is pressable I'd say 9.2

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

6 minutes ago, Payal Yusaf said:

Thanks!!! Every time, you're spot on! Have you considered a job as a grader?

:flamed:

lolNo, but there is a comics grading contest you can sign up for in comics general. Last year I only made it through the first round, so here is hoping I do better this year :wishluck:

You actually have to estimate a grade through the cgc slab, but there are prizes. 

You should give it a shot :)

The contest doesn't start until March but sign up is now....

6 hours ago, Payal Yusaf said:

Thanks! Where can I sign up?

6 hours ago, comicdonna said:

It's in this thread posted for you which is in the comics general forum..... hope you have fun :)

I went three for 3 but they were a lot easier then most the grading can Brest books.  No visible spine ticks and crisp cornersshould get a 9.8, spine tick usually gets a 9.6 and a few spine ticks is usually a 9.4.  In ebooks!