• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM - Secret Wars #8 ~ First Appearance of the Symbiote GRADE IS IN!

11 posts in this topic

PGM - Secret Wars #8 ~ First Appearance of the Symbiote

scan0003.thumb.jpg.cd9d68c2498648a3c9a753c5732cd60b.jpgd.thumb.jpg.f6e2b67e6ab1952ff0167ba3c75d95e9.jpg

This book is really cool and I wanted to grade it. It is relatively high grade, with white pages and an IMMACULATE spine. However, the defects that I see that would bring the grade of the book down are on the back. On the bottom right corner, there is a small impact wave (that I may be able to correct with a press), but a weird upper right corner. Is that a printing error, or is it just an impact wave? 

In addition - What do you guys think this book will grade and why? I am thinking that this should grade in the 9.4 - 9.6 range.

Thanks in advance!

Edited by Payal Yusaf

Pics are a bit tight all around, can you get some from a little further away?  The top back corner looks like a wrinkle, but it's hard to tell with the white on white.  Also looks like there's a mark/color break near the bottom staple on the back.  I think (9.4) (scroll over)  barring anything that can't be seen by  pic.

Strong 9.6 possibility 9.4 at the lowest

Nice book

Stepping Razor is right about the speck on back below bottom staple... don't think it's enough for a9.2 though 

I don't think a press would help as the bottom back right corner is too crumpled

Actually it just looks like dirt, if that is what you wanted the press to take care of....?

The wraps on these are hard, your's doesn't look too bad..

Thanks everyone! It's not dirt on the back cover. I was really worried about that defect. Thanks for reassuring me that I might actually get a 9.4 with a shot at a 9.6! But since it's not dirt, would a press help just to get rid of finger dents?

7 hours ago, Payal Yusaf said:

Thanks everyone! It's not dirt on the back cover. I was really worried about that defect. Thanks for reassuring me that I might actually get a 9.4 with a shot at a 9.6! But since it's not dirt, would a press help just to get rid of finger dents?

definitely, although pressing is expensive compared to the grade bump of this particular book, it may be cheaper to buy an already graded one :)