• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Transformers BUMBLEBEE spin-off (12/21/18)

44 posts in this topic

46 minutes ago, kagenish said:

I hope they use this has a new start for transformers 

3 hours ago, bane said:

So this has nothing to do with the Bay "universe" films then ?

Looks more like the Bumblebee I grew up with opposed to the cruddy Bay version.

I have a feeling this is going to be more critically and audience successful.

15 hours ago, PKJ said:

The trailer looked awesome, spoiler Soundwave had me like a kid again.

This actually looks the original Transformers of the 1980s. Much better than the Bay films. 

Edited by ComicConnoisseur

just saw the full trailer at the theater last week.  It reveals soundwave, shockwave, and starscream all G1 style original forms and what appears to be a holographic of a G1 style Optimus!  I'm so excited now I really hope this one does well and does it justice unlike all those crappy Michael Bay movies.  

I would love this to head in the direction of a conflict with Unicorn in 3-4 movies!

7 hours ago, justafan said:

just saw the full trailer at the theater last week.  It reveals soundwave, shockwave, and starscream all G1 style original forms and what appears to be a holographic of a G1 style Optimus!  I'm so excited now I really hope this one does well and does it justice unlike all those crappy Michael Bay movies.  

I would love this to head in the direction of a conflict with Unicorn in 3-4 movies!

there's reason for hope; obviously the honchos at Marvel were impressed because the director, Travis Knight, is supposedly close to landing the directing gig on GOTG3

On 6/6/2018 at 9:31 PM, nickwire said:

I just kept thinking IRON GIANT while watching this. 

The trailer looks a LOT like Iron Giant, but I'd tentatively say in a good way. My kid is all over it.  :)

On ‎11‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 1:01 AM, justafan said:

just saw the full trailer at the theater last week.  It reveals soundwave, shockwave, and starscream all G1 style original forms and what appears to be a holographic of a G1 style Optimus! 

Sold!  That's all I needed to hear...G1.

For all the Transformer collectors out there, here are some of my favorite pieces in my collection:

1. G1 Optimus Prime (mint in box)

2. Predaking (combiner) gift/collector box

3. Masterpiece Megatron (without the orange plug)

4.  Megatron Dragon (the best version of Megatron in toy form)

5.  TRU exclusive Soundwave (with all cassettes)

Honorable mention: Bandai re-issue Insecticon 3 pack.

1 hour ago, darkstar said:

And on the sixth attempt they finally found a cinematographer and editor who know what the f they're doing. Your brain can actually process what is happening on screen in this film. 

:golfclap:

What about 360 degree camera pans around a scene, slow-motion American flag shots or even slowly outrunning explosions and fireballs?

If those are gone, I'm sold.:)

I'm 43 and getting older, give me a single camera set-up with no slow-motion and I'll be happy. (thumbsu

OK I just saw this last night and...it was...just OK for me.  Cool but rushed opening sequence that seemed to shoehorn in some things that I felt they could have spent more time developing in the movie.

Spoiler

much of the movie is centered so much on the girl and her car aspect harping on her sad story and how bee helps her regain herself again that it tends to drag on and become a bore.

the deceptions and developing conflict takes its time until you can pretty much predict what will happen. 

the biggest surprise and disappointment for me came at the end when you see bumblebee rescan a yellow 1980s camero with black racing stripes (see where this is going?) and change his body style to imitate it (me: Ive got a bad feeling about this) and then see him riding on the highway next to a G1 Optimus prime (me: Awesome! OK there's hope...) and then in the ending credits you see the Producer as Michael Bay (me: NOOOOOOOOOOoooooooo).

So it appears this is not so much a reboot as Michael Bay doing the Lucas prequels thing to his movies by showing what transpires before the events of the first Michael Bay movies and how bee ends up at a used car lot. at best we can look forward to some more cool G1 transformers but seriously doubtful this will result in a megatron 45 gun or unicron. sigh. I'll probably just rent the next 2 releases unless they do something really different.

I saw it tonight, it was fine for what it was.  Some good fan service with the g1 robots, but it was ancillary to the main story.

Good action, by the numbers, but fun story.

5/10, but if you grade it on the transformers curve, it's about an 8/10

Edited by Pete Marino