• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Best way to sell?
1 1

26 posts in this topic

Best way to sell?

Hi new to forum here. I have been thinking of selling some pieces I have and wondering what every one thinks is best method? Ebay, auction houses and if so which one, dealers?  Thanks in advance for the replies! 

Edited by Miami John
too much information

Depends on what you got.  My choice is clink. Hetitage seems to get the big ticket items (but as a.buyer - £ wish they didnt since inhate the 19% premium).  Ebay is food for sketches.

You can sell on caf or these boards too - but note its harder to sell more expensive items at fmv without an auction unless you hit the right buyer.

47 minutes ago, lobrac said:

Or "skinflints." Yes, apparently people still use that word.

HA, that was the one that really got me. Next I expect we'll be called nogoodniks, layabouts and charlatans!

21 minutes ago, F For Fake said:
1 hour ago, lobrac said:

Or "skinflints." Yes, apparently people still use that word.

HA, that was the one that really got me. Next I expect we'll be called nogoodniks, layabouts and charlatans!

Had he called us "shiftless goldbricks" I probably would have "liked" the post.

My personal preference - not that I've sold anything here - would be to attempt to move it on these boards, but failing that, to then move it to someplace like CLINK. eBay may be a bit of a gamble, a lot of people don't seem to like to wade through the tons and tons of dross to find the few pieces of gold, but pages do sell there too.

2 minutes ago, wurstisart said:

Why not share what you have ?

what difference does it later make whether you sell here or through an auction ?

just sayin...

All other things being equal, the difference is about 10% - 20% more on the buyer.

I hate buying from CLink because of that hideous sticker they put on the back that they REALLY cheaped out on, they are literally my last resort because of that.  But otherwise they are very reputable and have been in the biz for a long time now.

Jerome