• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Has anyone decided against collecting a AS 8 because WW is not on cover?
1 1

30 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, Chicago Boy said:

anyone have any idea why CGC puts "Wonder Woman begins" on the SC 1 label?  That "title" is not anywhere that I can see in the story.  I'm surprised they don't mention her first cover appearance instead(shrug)

Because the Wonder Woman series in Sensation begins with that issue.

In my early collecting days, WW1 was at the top of my list.  Then, AS8.

However, once I owned both of those, I had to have the SC1.  And now, it is my favorite.  Due to the cover and scarcity.  

No way that SC1 should be that far behind WW1 in valuation.  If only because of how scarce it is, relatively.

Just got home from watching the WW movie.  I enjoyed it!  Seemed to be getting a lot of good reviews too.  Looks like key WW books will continue to soar. I have a feeling we won't see a pullback anytime soon even after the movie hype has died down.

34 minutes ago, rjpb said:

How many have decided not to collect an All-Star run because #8 is too expensive?

You know I was going to post the same thing, I don't enough of this :flipbait: and most of the time all I have is 2c.

On 6/3/2017 at 6:10 AM, Doc67 said:

In my early collecting days, WW1 was at the top of my list.  Then, AS8.

However, once I owned both of those, I had to have the SC1.  And now, it is my favorite.  Due to the cover and scarcity.  

No way that SC1 should be that far behind WW1 in valuation.  If only because of how scarce it is, relatively.

I believe sensation 1 is ahead of (pretty much always been) Wonder Woman 1 value wise. 

I bought all 3, at least 12 years ago. At first I had no idea All Star 8 was the first appearance, and when I did, it was harder to find at the time than the others. I think more are appearing now because of the prices. I know I never had mine slabbed till last year when the prices were going crazy.

My WW #1 and Sensation 1 are both restored, because that was all I could afford at the time. My AS 8 is not...it's a little lower grade and a product of dumb luck;)

I actually like that cover the best of the 3, then Sensation 1, WW #1 last. WW 7 is one of my favorite covers in the series.