• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How to best display high value comic books
5 5

89 posts in this topic

I only have a 4.0 copy of ASM 39 displayed because it is signed by Lee and Romita and that is in the curio cabinet.   Only comic booky things on the walls is the artwork itself.  Expensive stuff worth $1000 or more is in museum style glass. Most of the other stuff is about $200-$500 page and that was framed using basic off the shelf frames from Michaels.   Nothing is in direct sunlight as the shades are usually drawn at all times. They are translucent though to it is not like it is dark.   Animation art is a little more sensitive in my eyes so the framed animation art (6 pieces) is hung downstairs in the furnished basement.   (Dehumidifier runs all year)

Temperature wise... my house is kept no warmer than 70-73 during throughout the year.  I HATE the heat.  Always have which is strange since I've been swimming and a water guy since I was a teenager.  During the winter months I am very comfortable at 58-60 degrees.  

In Las Vegas, Monster Framing does museum quality framing. Depending on fram and matting it's not too expensive. It starts at $40 for a basic frame and no matting. There are better framing store than other. Shop around. Some are ridiculous. 

If I could afford a $40,000 comic, then I could afford to build an environmentally controlled walk in vault in my home where I would keep and display my valuables, firearms, etc. Why not double as a "Safe room." And if you have some of your guests that are also enthusiasts, walk em in and bask in the glory for a while.

After reading this thread, I'm still on the fence with displaying mine. I keep a 48 rifle gun safe, which is fairly large. Although none of my comics are kept in there now, they may be in the future after considering this discussion. I would never display my firearms on the wall even though I think it would be amazing. But thats apples and oranges I guess. 

Edited by Eye_Shot_First
Spelling

2 hours ago, RoccoAJr said:

Hey! I made these awesome CGC comic mounts for this exact problem. I call them Mountiees. |
They are uv resin brackets that mount easily on any wall and allow your comic to slide in and out.

Check them out and let me know what you think.

Mountiees Website

1.jpg

How you mount them on dryboard walls?

3 minutes ago, RoccoAJr said:

@sfcityduck They work with any wall. You just drill a hole with a 1/4" drill bit and use the supplied wall anchors and screws. Simple and easy.

You can always use double sided adhesive also, but that may ruin your wall if you decide to take it down. 

What is the difference between these and any other clips that I can put up? Aren't there like 99 cent things at Home Depot?

9 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

What is the difference between these and any other clips that I can put up? Aren't there like 99 cent things at Home Depot?

Not sure what "clips" you are referring to, but these are designed to fit your graded comic case. They also provide a minimal design to allow your comic to display with the full cover and information shown. You can also slide your comic case in and out through the side to change them as you like. You can always use hardware store "clips" but they wont provide the same level or flow or design that these would. I hope this helps

Mountiees_Head1.jpg

Edited by RoccoAJr