• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

JOHN WICK 3 (5/17/19)
2 2

127 posts in this topic

38 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

All solo MCU trilogies have had that same trajectory. Not sure if Black Panther 2 will top the box office of it’s predecessor though, which would be the 1st exception in the franchise. 

4 hours ago, mrc said:

Not sure about this one. My newspaper says "The violence will get on your Wick" and "Fight scenes turn into lifeless spectacle in this ugly franchise". Seems more like a video game than a movie?

Check out Mark Kermodes review.

25 minutes ago, bane said:

Check out Mark Kermodes review.

Interesting that he mentions The Raid. One of the villains is from that film (probably more if I reflect back). Yayan Ruhian.

str2_theraid_angelin_1.thumb.jpg.a6b150b4ab7c4a38036a2bdf7c617ca8.jpg

2 hours ago, Bosco685 said:

Interesting that he mentions The Raid. One of the villains is from that film (probably more if I reflect back). Yayan Ruhian.

str2_theraid_angelin_1.thumb.jpg.a6b150b4ab7c4a38036a2bdf7c617ca8.jpg

yes, I also think the other guy in that fight was also in the raid.

John Wick: Chapter 3 – Parabellum got off to a stunning start this weekend, with a frankly superb $57.2 million domestic weekend debut. That includes a $22.6 million on Friday, which included $5.9 million in Thursday previews. It’s a record-busting opening weekend for Lionsgate outside of the last Twilight sequel (Breaking Dawn Part II) and the four Hunger Games movies. After severe underperformances from Hellboy and Longshot, John Wick 3 was the anti-hero they needed. It’s also Keanu Reeves’ second-biggest opening weekend (sans inflation) behind the $91 million Fri-Sun launch (of a $134 million Thurs-Sun debut) of The Matrix Reloadedin 2003.

Heck, adjusted for inflation, it’s behind only Bram Stoker's Dracula ($30.5 million in 1992/$64 million adjusted), Matrix Revolutions ($48 million in 2003/$70 million adjusted, or what it made in the first four days of its $84m Wed-Sun debut) and Matrix Revolutions ($91 million in 2003/$134 million adjusted, which is ironically what it earned in its Thurs-Sun debut back in 2003). This boffo opening means that Lionsgate’s little accidental franchise could can now go toe-to-toe with the biggest non-ensemble action franchises. John Wick now stands alongside James Bond, Ethan Hunt, Jason Bourne and Bryan Mills.

This is the kind of action and fun I want in the Black Widow movie.  The movie didn't have much in big budget explosions and it uses the settings in fun ways.  It just has to be done with less blood.