• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

JOHN WICK 3 (5/17/19)
2 2

127 posts in this topic

JOHN WICK 3: GIVE ME THAT WALLET! (2019?)

John Wick 3 welcomes back writer Derek Kolstad for more over-the-top action

uzyy5LV.png

We've got some satisfying news for all of you JOHN WICK fans out there! Are you ready? Derek Kolstad, you know, the dude who penned the first two films in the franchise, is officially coming back for another round of head-shots as the scribe of JOHN WICK 3! Another slice of fist-pumping good news is that the third film in the JOHN WICK series is being fast-tracked, and is set to begin production this fall with Keanu Reeves expected to reprise his role as the puppy-loving, finely-suited assassin.

From what I've gathered, Chad Stahelski, who co-directed the first movie with Derek Leitch and solo-directed the second cinematic bulletfest, is working closely with Kolstad and is developing the project with an mind to direct the action and revenge thriller sequel.

Production on JOHN WICK 3 is expected to begin this fall.

It seems to be a character Keanu Reeves is thoroughly enjoying.

Edited by Bosco685

2 minutes ago, The Brain said:

hm Is that your title there,or is that really the working one???

Either way,

:whee::banana::ohnoez:

lol I was wondering the same thing!

Hi Brain! :hi:

I was so psyched to watch #2 that I ponied up 15 bucks last night.  Waiting for the usual 5$ on demand fee but couldn't keep waiting.  Well, wish I had.

so different from the first one.  That was a single minded revenge story. The old story about guys messing with the wrong guy getting what's coming to them by a relentless all powerful hero who can't be stopped. .. but is forced into action.  Plus a glimpse of a secret society of international trained killers and assassins. You rooted for Wick as you learned more and more about him and his life.

but in #2 they just use the same plot -pretty much. Give him a villain who has wronged him and he fights thru insane obstacles to accomplish his mission.  But this time there's no mystery about him, or the world he works in who all know him as the bogeyman.  So it's just one long fight shoot after another and he never gets hit with a bullet even against odds of 100 to one.  9and he shoots and never misses too.)  there was no wonder, no surprise.  Yeah even dispensed with the typical scene where he is caught and minutes from being killed by the bad guys. There's no wonder at how will he get out of the jams, just more tedious chase and fight scenes with little suspense that he survives.  

so clearly I was less than excited and quite disappointed with the sequel. Wick is no longer an unknown quantity, but they better find some way to keep it interesting, unless you just wanna watch more run and gun and never get hit Chase scenes.  Oh, and his adrenaline must pump pretty good cause he gets pummeled by cars, stairs, falls and blows with zero lasting effects.

12 hours ago, Aman619 said:

I was so psyched to watch #2 that I ponied up 15 bucks last night.  Waiting for the usual 5$ on demand fee but couldn't keep waiting.  Well, wish I had.

so different from the first one.  That was a single minded revenge story. The old story about guys messing with the wrong guy getting what's coming to them by a relentless all powerful hero who can't be stopped. .. but is forced into action.  Plus a glimpse of a secret society of international trained killers and assassins. You rooted for Wick as you learned more and more about him and his life.

but in #2 they just use the same plot -pretty much. Give him a villain who has wronged him and he fights thru insane obstacles to accomplish his mission.  But this time there's no mystery about him, or the world he works in who all know him as the bogeyman.  So it's just one long fight shoot after another and he never gets hit with a bullet even against odds of 100 to one.  9and he shoots and never misses too.)  there was no wonder, no surprise.  Yeah even dispensed with the typical scene where he is caught and minutes from being killed by the bad guys. There's no wonder at how will he get out of the jams, just more tedious chase and fight scenes with little suspense that he survives.  

so clearly I was less than excited and quite disappointed with the sequel. Wick is no longer an unknown quantity, but they better find some way to keep it interesting, unless you just wanna watch more run and gun and never get hit Chase scenes.  Oh, and his adrenaline must pump pretty good cause he gets pummeled by cars, stairs, falls and blows with zero lasting effects.

The sequel was definitely not as good as the first.  I give the first one an A and the sequel a B.

On 6/5/2017 at 0:44 PM, Red84 said:

The sequel was definitely not as good as the first.  I give the first one an A and the sequel a B.

Totally agree...but I was expecting that... 100 percent bullets and explosions and 0 percent storyline.

John Wick 2 Production Designer Returns for Chapter 3

Kevin Kavanaugh, who was the production designer for this year’s action sequel John Wick: Chapter 2, will return in the same role for 2019’s John Wick 3. Kavanaugh is also known for his work on The Dark Knight Rises, Nightcrawler, and the upcoming Sicario 2: Soldado.

Following the critical and commercial success of Chapter 2, Lionsgate is quickly moving ahead on another installment in their franchise. Recently securing a summer 2019 release date, it’s expected production will begin at some point in the spring or summer. Originally, the cameras were slated to start rolling this fall, but the schedule was pushed back to accommodate director Chad Stahelski’s schedule. In the meantime, pre-production is well underway, and a key crew member has come back on-board.

While it’s great to get an update on John Wick 3, fans are more interested in some juicer tidbits, such as plot details. Reeves has his own idea for the film’s opening, suggesting the third installment should be about John on the run, trying to escape the island. Stahelski has also mentioned Chapter 3 will explore the mythology of the series and where John came from, peeling back more layers about the character and the fascinating underground assassin world he created. Whether this will be a definite end to the series remains to be seen, but those involved seem set on concluding John’s story here.

X-MEN And KINGSMAN 2 Actress Halle Berry Is Reportedly Being Eyed For The Female Lead In JOHN WICK 3

Lionsgate revealed the first synopsis for John Wick: Chapter 3 at CinemaCon recently, and now we have word on which actress the studio is high on for the new female lead role in the film.

According to That Hashtag Show - who broke the news Hiroyuki Sanada would be joining the cast back in January - Academy Award-winner Halle Berry (X-Men, Kingsman: The Golden Circle, Monster's Ball) is the actor Lionsgate and director Chad Stahelski want for the part opposite Keanu Reeves as the returning former assassin of the title.

If cast, Berry would play a character named “SOFIA”, who is described as being "20-40, who has a small child."

JOHN WICK: CHAPTER 3 Receives New Working Title 'Parabellum'

On the heels of receiving its first synopsis details along with a promotional teaser poster from CinemaCon last week, Omega Underground (via ScreenRant) now reports a rather minor, but exciting bit of information regarding production on John Wick: Chapter 3. According to the site, John Wick: Chapter 3 has received a new working title; previously referred to as "Alpha Cop," the highly anticipated action flick will now go by the code name "Parabellum."

As pointed out, "Parabellum" is Latin for "prepare for war," and also happens to be a model of Luger pistol - both perfectly appropriate for the action-packed film franchise starring Keanu Reeves.

John Wick: Chapter 3 is being directed by Chad Stahelski, who also helmed Chapter 2. It's currently set to hit theaters on May 17, 2019.

:whee: