ASM 238 Appreciation/Club Thread
5 5

124 posts in this topic

4,104 posts

I'll get back to you........

I have two in Sarasota now, though neither will be 9.8s!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10,480 posts

Here's my very nice raw copy...

14081388610_8ce9cf1aab_o.jpg.9d9fe09dcf177174bbdbf4d5560cda00.jpg

 

And an equally nice, matching raw copy of 239 ...

14081425677_7b2e7d7f29_o.jpg.4f53facda14cc791d1ffd1bbed77ba92.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,469 posts
1 hour ago, Ken Aldred said:

Here's my very nice raw copy...

14081388610_8ce9cf1aab_o.jpg.9d9fe09dcf177174bbdbf4d5560cda00.jpg

 

And an equally nice, matching raw copy of 239 ...

14081425677_7b2e7d7f29_o.jpg.4f53facda14cc791d1ffd1bbed77ba92.jpg

Nice ... moved thread to copper ..someone was moaning about it being in bronze 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10,480 posts

I'd put the Bronze Age cut-off point at 1981, but others place it later on, so there are a number of boardies who have argued that a 1983 comic is in that transition period and would still be eligible for inclusion there.

Personally, I'm in not too critical a mood and just going with the flow, here or there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,469 posts
1 hour ago, Ken Aldred said:

I'd put the Bronze Age cut-off point at 1981, but others place it later on, so there are a number of boardies who have argued that a 1983 comic is in that transition period and would still be eligible for inclusion there.

Personally, I'm in not too critical a mood and just going with the flow, here or there.

Cool.... that's a sharp copy .. are you getting it slabbed at some point ? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10,480 posts

I'm going to keep it in a Mylar.  :smile:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10,562 posts

Joy to the World; all the boy's and girl's; joy to you and me :) 

I never noticed that the Newsstand only has the one price

Amazing Spiderman 238 CGC 9.2.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19,635 posts

Danish

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,217 posts

I only have one crappy raw copy, missing the tattoos and has a tear around the spine. But since I got it for like 50 cents in the 90s at a baseball card shop that had a small stack of cheap comics (same place I got a copy of Amazing Adventures 11 for the same price) I aint complaining.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,469 posts
On 2017-06-19 at 11:38 AM, Hey Kids, Comics! said:

Both mine came back 9.2s last week, which is about what I was expecting.

(thumbsu

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21,817 posts

Here is the first copy I have sent in for slabbing in a long while. It came from a great HG run I snagged a couple of years ago. Too bad I sold off the #239 and other early Hobgoblin appearances as well as they are all likely 9.8s - I had this one and the others as 9.6s at best. doh!

 

cgcAmazing Spider-Man 238A.jpg

Edited by kimik

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10,562 posts
1 minute ago, kimik said:

Here is the first copy I have sent in for slabbing in a long while. It came from a great HG run I snagged a couple of years ago. Too bad I sold off the #239 and other early Hobgoblin appearances as well as they are all likely 9.8s - I had this one and the others as 9.6s at best. doh!

 

 

Congrats :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,469 posts
On 2017-06-21 at 11:24 AM, kimik said:

Here is the first copy I have sent in for slabbing in a long while. It came from a great HG run I snagged a couple of years ago. Too bad I sold off the #239 and other early Hobgoblin appearances as well as they are all likely 9.8s - I had this one and the others as 9.6s at best. doh!

 

cgcAmazing Spider-Man 238A.jpg

 Nice ..... I had an ASM 239 9.8 I regret selling it ... have to grab another eventually 

Edited by Paddy_McShillihan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
5 5