• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ASM 238 Appreciation/Club Thread
8 8

343 posts in this topic

Hello! Any help appreciated! (thumbsu

I bought this from the LCS as no tatooz inside, as a reader for my collection. I read it and notice it has the sleeve for tattooz with the tattoo still inside when looking at it in the light as you would an envelope.

My question is....

Since It has the sleeve with the tattoo, but it does not have the insert at the front of the book, Would this get a qualified label? I can see the tattoo in the light and can see that it is a "spidey" tattoo. I'll edit and post a video in just a second that may help you see the first insert that I speak of. You can see the tattoo in the pic next to the words "to remove", where there is "a little square that is lighter than the rest of the paper." I plan to send it in for grading but was wondering opinions, I can post here after I get it back from grading to update everyone :foryou:

20180729_180148.jpg

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 7/30/2018 at 7:50 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Hello! Any help appreciated! (thumbsu

I bought this from the LCS as no tatooz inside, as a reader for my collection. I read it and notice it has the sleeve for tattooz with the tattoo still inside when looking at it in the light as you would an envelope.

My question is....

Since It has the sleeve with the tattoo, but it does not have the insert at the front of the book, Would this get a qualified label? I can see the tattoo in the light and can see that it is a "spidey" tattoo. I'll edit and post a video in just a second that may help you see the first insert that I speak of. You can see the tattoo in the pic next to the words "to remove", where there is "a little square that is lighter than the rest of the paper." I plan to send it in for grading but was wondering opinions, I can post here after I get it back from grading to update everyone :foryou:

20180729_180148.jpg

The "insert" in the front is not an actual insert, but just the "stub end" of the tattoo sleeve - I think you're fine. :whee:

5 hours ago, DST said:

Beautifully centered Newsstand copy, love it:luhv:  congrats!

Thanks! Bought that at my LCS about 5 years ago and finally got around to slabbing it. Willing to trade it for that AF15 that's hanging directly over my post! Straight up! :bigsmile: 

Edited by Not A Clone

On 7/27/2018 at 11:36 AM, silverxsurfer said:

Hello all,

I’ve been mostly a silent reader on the boards but thought I’d participate in the ASM 238 fun... here’s my Canadian.

8B6BF94D-A6EC-4007-A08F-94D0F4E3A9DE.png

(worship)  Those other 9.8 copies are not the books you are looking for...................this is the book you want!

My original owner copy (at least a 9.6) has the Tattooz insert, but holding up the insert to the light, there are no Tattooz inside.  Definitely a manufacturing error, because as a teen I wouldn't have extracted them, and there is no evidence of tampering to the insert.  So, in terms of getting a blue label, and assume I don't want to harvest a Tattooz insert from another book extract the original insert, replace it with the harvest insert, etc. -- am I out of luck?

22 hours ago, zosocane said:

My original owner copy (at least a 9.6) has the Tattooz insert, but holding up the insert to the light, there are no Tattooz inside.  Definitely a manufacturing error, because as a teen I wouldn't have extracted them, and there is no evidence of tampering to the insert.  So, in terms of getting a blue label, and assume I don't want to harvest a Tattooz insert from another book extract the original insert, replace it with the harvest insert, etc. -- am I out of luck?

I'd still get it slabbed.  Sure it might come back a Green, but in the end the grader will make the decision.

42 minutes ago, Drbearsec said:

I'd still get it slabbed.  Sure it might come back a Green, but in the end the grader will make the decision.

Missing tattoos still get a blue label. It's just noted on the slab "Tattoos missing" or something like that.

15 minutes ago, Not A Clone said:

Missing tattoos still get a blue label. It's just noted on the slab "Tattoos missing" or something like that.

Really?  I could swear I've seen some green labeled for that reason.  Well even more reason to do so.  Might not fetch full value but should still be valuable.

Just now, Drbearsec said:

Really?  I could swear I've seen some green labeled for that reason.  Well even more reason to do so.  Might not fetch full value but should still be valuable.

If the cardboard is still in it, but no tattoos I believe it says "manufactured with tattoos & insert". If it still contains the tattoos it says "tattoos inside". I believe the green label is if someone tried to marry the tattoos from another book.