• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ASM 238 Appreciation/Club Thread
8 8

352 posts in this topic

Great book.  Have over a dozen copies, but as I mentioned approximately 5 weeks ago, the 9.8's already jumped the shark.  Latest sale = $3050 yesterday on ebay.  Personally, I think the 9.2's - 9.6's have increased during this same time to the point where 9.8's warrant a second look in terms of being relatively affordable now and I think we'll soon be seeing another bump back to the $4K range.  Get them while you can :foryou:

2 hours ago, jjonahjameson11 said:

Great book.  Have over a dozen copies, but as I mentioned approximately 5 weeks ago, the 9.8's already jumped the shark.  Latest sale = $3050 yesterday on ebay.  Personally, I think the 9.2's - 9.6's have increased during this same time to the point where 9.8's warrant a second look in terms of being relatively affordable now and I think we'll soon be seeing another bump back to the $4K range.  Get them while you can :foryou:

I just may

1 hour ago, Jordysnordy said:

Bought from my LCS in 1983 and finally sent it to CGC.

They forgot to note "Canadian Variant" - worth sending back for proper notation?

ASM 238 CGC.jpg

Same as I quoted you about the marvel team up in the other thread

Still a Canadian of this is not posted too often, congrats on it and the team up as well!

:tink:those are grades are sahweet

9 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Same as I quoted you about the marvel team up in the other thread

Still a Canadian of this is not posted too often, congrats on it and the team up as well!

:tink:those are grades are sahweet

CGC must be prejudiced against us Canadians 😂 

6 minutes ago, Jordysnordy said:

CGC must be prejudiced against us Canadians 😂 

I've found it hard to get correctly labeled specialty books of price, and other such discerning stuff

I was able to get a mark jewelers that's coming back Friday, and I see it in the graders notes for some reason lol

But whatever works for them hahah 

Thinking of buying this book but just a quick question. 

the copy for sale has the tatooz but also a 1 inch vertical tear on the spine. 

from a grading perspective. Is it best to have no tears and no tattooz or the tattooz with a tear. 

for context it’s a raw copy for sale at 115 bucks 

24 minutes ago, The lips said:

Thinking of buying this book but just a quick question. 

the copy for sale has the tatooz but also a 1 inch vertical tear on the spine. 

from a grading perspective. Is it best to have no tears and no tattooz or the tattooz with a tear. 

for context it’s a raw copy for sale at 115 bucks 

17 minutes ago, Subby1938 said:

Def want it with tattoos 

Seconded

31 minutes ago, Subby1938 said:

I think there are plenty of copies out there in all grades in blue labels so getting a green virtually kills this book . It’s not rare but hard to get in 9.8 for a good price . If you just want a copy buy it and don’t grade . 

Yeah I just want the book. The tear on spine isn’t ideal but it has tatooz and it’s not going to break the bank. 
thanks 

22 hours ago, Jordysnordy said:

Bought from my LCS in 1983 and finally sent it to CGC.

They forgot to note "Canadian Variant" - worth sending back for proper notation?

ASM 238 CGC.jpg

Scotch tape the tattooz in and then resub :wishluck:

Edited by BigLeagueCHEW