• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ASM 238 Appreciation/Club Thread
8 8

343 posts in this topic

I'd put the Bronze Age cut-off point at 1981, but others place it later on, so there are a number of boardies who have argued that a 1983 comic is in that transition period and would still be eligible for inclusion there.

Personally, I'm in not too critical a mood and just going with the flow, here or there.

1 hour ago, Ken Aldred said:

I'd put the Bronze Age cut-off point at 1981, but others place it later on, so there are a number of boardies who have argued that a 1983 comic is in that transition period and would still be eligible for inclusion there.

Personally, I'm in not too critical a mood and just going with the flow, here or there.

Cool.... that's a sharp copy .. are you getting it slabbed at some point ? 

Danish

I only have one crappy raw copy, missing the tattoos and has a tear around the spine. But since I got it for like 50 cents in the 90s at a baseball card shop that had a small stack of cheap comics (same place I got a copy of Amazing Adventures 11 for the same price) I aint complaining.

Here is the first copy I have sent in for slabbing in a long while. It came from a great HG run I snagged a couple of years ago. Too bad I sold off the #239 and other early Hobgoblin appearances as well as they are all likely 9.8s - I had this one and the others as 9.6s at best. doh!

cgcAmazing Spider-Man 238A.jpg

Edited by kimik

1 minute ago, kimik said:

Here is the first copy I have sent in for slabbing in a long while. It came from a great HG run I snagged a couple of years ago. Too bad I sold off the #239 and other early Hobgoblin appearances as well as they are all likely 9.8s - I had this one and the others as 9.6s at best. doh!

Congrats :) 

On 2017-06-21 at 11:24 AM, kimik said:

cgcAmazing Spider-Man 238A.jpg

Nice ..... I had an ASM 239 9.8 I regret selling it ... have to grab another eventually 

Edited by Paddy_McShillihan