• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ASM 238 Appreciation/Club Thread
8 8

343 posts in this topic

I noticed something odd on the back cover, not a problem, not a flaw. If you look on the left edge, about an inch from the top, there is a 'strange' marking. I looked on E-Bay and did see a couple other copies with the same mark. My book, and the couple other examples I found , are Newsstand copies. Again, not a problem, just a geeky observation. 

ASM#238BC.jpg

5 hours ago, Paddy_McShillihan said:

Yea I've seen those marks on the back of some issues before ..kinda  looks like a burn mark ... 

Yes, that was my first thought upon seeing it.  Maybe they allow smoking in the slabbing room ?!?

Edited by Bomber-Bob

Anyone here have a Canadian Edition of ASM 238 in 9.2- 9.8 for sale or trade?

Fun question:

Considering the Green Goblin has been in a number of Spider-man movies exclusively under a Sony direction, what are the chances of Hobgoblin showing up in a future movie now under a Marvel/Disney direction to change things up a little? 

1( SLIM TO NONE) - 10 (FOR SURE) 

24 minutes ago, JoeDiesel said:

I recently purchased a asm 238 9.8, the label says "manufactured with tattooz and insert",  most I see say tattooz inside. Does mine have the tattooz? There are no grader notes saying the tattooz is missing.

I would think that yours has the tattooz, as long as it is a blue label and doesn't say tattooz missing etc

What generation case is it? maybe that has something to do with it being "said in a different way" (shrug)

4 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

I would think that yours has the tattooz, as long as it is a blue label and doesn't say tattooz missing etc

What generation case is it? maybe that has something to do with it being "said in a different way" (shrug)

Its the newestcase, direct edition comic btw

8 minutes ago, JoeDiesel said:

Its the newestcase, direct edition comic btw

As long as it is blue label, I wouldn't worry, but I tried to find one on ebay to see if there is a difference and couldn't find one that said "manufactured"; as far as I know they "all" had them, so why it would use the word manufactured is beyond me lol Maybe someone with a more definitive answer will come along, but I wouldn't be "worried" as long as it is blue label :) to be honest, I'd be surprised if an incomplete or without tattooz could even obtain a 9.8.....

Oh wait I found one, and they seem to only be on 9.8's ....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Amazing-Spider-Man-1963-1st-Series-238A-CGC-9-8-1473132014-/362068887959?hash=item544cfcc997:g:HsUAAOSwjIRZj1Sv

Ya your good ;) is still kind of odd, I agree