ASM 238 Appreciation/Club Thread
5 5

124 posts in this topic

1,857 posts

I love the Hobgoblin. I'm almost positive I don't want a movie Hobgoblin. 

932 posts

I'm in!!

Had to put them together...sorry.

Edited by Noodlez

11,734 posts

Just got this delivered to me today from a great Boardie......

ASM#238Label.jpg

11,734 posts

I noticed something odd on the back cover, not a problem, not a flaw. If you look on the left edge, about an inch from the top, there is a 'strange' marking. I looked on E-Bay and did see a couple other copies with the same mark. My book, and the couple other examples I found , are Newsstand copies. Again, not a problem, just a geeky observation. 

ASM#238BC.jpg

932 posts

I might have to un-bag and board mine to see if it has it as well.

11,734 posts
5 hours ago, Paddy_McShillihan said:

Yea I've seen those marks on the back of some issues before ..kinda  looks like a burn mark ... 

Yes, that was my first thought upon seeing it.  Maybe they allow smoking in the slabbing room ?!?

Edited by Bomber-Bob

246 posts

Anyone here have a Canadian Edition of ASM 238 in 9.2- 9.8 for sale or trade?

Fun question:

Considering the Green Goblin has been in a number of Spider-man movies exclusively under a Sony direction, what are the chances of Hobgoblin showing up in a future movie now under a Marvel/Disney direction to change things up a little? 

1( SLIM TO NONE) - 10 (FOR SURE) 

11,734 posts
14 minutes ago, hermster said:

rivsx0.jpg

Wow, great looking book. I love the signature placement and color on both.

6 posts

I recently purchased a asm 238 9.8, the label says "manufactured with tattooz and insert",  most I see say tattooz inside. Does mine have the tattooz? There are no grader notes saying the tattooz is missing.

7,999 posts
24 minutes ago, JoeDiesel said:

I recently purchased a asm 238 9.8, the label says "manufactured with tattooz and insert",  most I see say tattooz inside. Does mine have the tattooz? There are no grader notes saying the tattooz is missing.

I would think that yours has the tattooz, as long as it is a blue label and doesn't say tattooz missing etc

What generation case is it? maybe that has something to do with it being "said in a different way" (shrug)

6 posts
4 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

I would think that yours has the tattooz, as long as it is a blue label and doesn't say tattooz missing etc

What generation case is it? maybe that has something to do with it being "said in a different way" (shrug)

Its the newestcase, direct edition comic btw

7,999 posts
8 minutes ago, JoeDiesel said:

Its the newestcase, direct edition comic btw

As long as it is blue label, I wouldn't worry, but I tried to find one on ebay to see if there is a difference and couldn't find one that said "manufactured"; as far as I know they "all" had them, so why it would use the word manufactured is beyond me lol Maybe someone with a more definitive answer will come along, but I wouldn't be "worried" as long as it is blue label :) to be honest, I'd be surprised if an incomplete or without tattooz could even obtain a 9.8.....

7,999 posts

I think that they just modified label to show that there is a "sample" of the "tattooz" inside, per the label, "manufactured with tattooz inside and sample"