• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ASM 238 Appreciation/Club Thread
8 8

343 posts in this topic

40 minutes ago, JoeDiesel said:

I recently purchased a asm 238 9.8, the label says "manufactured with tattooz and insert",  most I see say tattooz inside. Does mine have the tattooz? There are no grader notes saying the tattooz is missing.

40 minutes ago, JoeDiesel said:

I recently purchased a asm 238 9.8, the label says "manufactured with tattooz and insert",  most I see say tattooz inside. Does mine have the tattooz? There are no grader notes saying the tattooz is missing.

That's a good question. If it did not have the tattooz would it not come back with a qualified label? Maybe someone could answer that question. Maybe CGC forgot to write it in their label...that's also a possibility

42 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Oh wait I found one, and they seem to only be on 9.8's ....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Amazing-Spider-Man-1963-1st-Series-238A-CGC-9-8-1473132014-/362068887959?hash=item544cfcc997:g:HsUAAOSwjIRZj1Sv

Ya your good ;) is still kind of odd, I agree

Please let them hit that sale price. :wishluck:

6 minutes ago, kimik said:

Please let them hit that sale price. :wishluck:

Hey, I'm still looking for a copy of 238 (Canadian Edition) if anyone is willing to sell one or trade for some of my own rare Canadian Editions from my private collection :) Just PM me... I'll even pay a finders fee to the person who can find me one in higher grade of course. The copies have a 0.75 cent price cover instead of the .60 cents cover.  

26 minutes ago, The_Investor said:

That's a good question. If it did not have the tattooz would it not come back with a qualified label? Maybe someone could answer that question. Maybe CGC forgot to write it in their label...that's also a possibility

Yes that's what my book looks like

In the club! Picked up from a fellow boardie during the recent VCC - had been keeping my eye out for this for awhile at shows (always loved Hobgoblin), but given it's a semi-key that isn't particularly hot, didn't "need" it so was waiting around for the right copy. Got for a fair price so happy to be finally be in! 9.6 WP is my sweet-spot, and happy with the wrap (I actually don't mind / even like books with a thin white line of back cover up the left side!)

ASM238.jpg.db2a418c00d3bf82bc68675685ca5535.jpg