• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Con Report - Berkeley Comic Con
1 1

48 posts in this topic

Con Report - Berkeley Comic Con

Hi Folks,

Marc (House of Comics on the boards) and I just held the third Berkeley Comic Con - our old school 'comic books only' show at the North Berkeley Senior Center.

What a blast!

Thanks to all the dealers and collectors, who made this one our best yet!

Here are some pics:

Setting Up:

IMG_0455.JPG

IMG_0457.JPG

IMG_0461.JPG

IMG_0462.JPG

IMG_0463.JPG

John Athens and team had a brand new, never before seen collection of unread bronze and silver age books that was the buzz of the day. Lots and lots of beautiful glossy books.

Some of them had some warping from storage, but even those looked glossy and beautiful (IMHO). It seems many agreed with me, as there was a steady crowd of guys jockeying for position at their table (even before the doors opened lol)!

IMG_0469.JPG

I met EdgerX from the boards - great guy - I remembered him from here - like 10 years ago I think - he promises to post more often.

When I took this picture I couldn't see what he was doing (Black shirt, white T underneath). When I was looking through the photos last night I laughed out loud.

IMG_0472.JPG

These are all from that new collection John had.

I'm really excited about the IF 14. I'll be really surprised if it's not a 9.4, and not surprised at all if it's a 9.6.

Also the Night Nurse. I've never owned one. Just couldn't wrap my head around paying market for a higher grade copy. This was the perfect solution.

IMG_0486.JPG

Extremity Gold cover that I didn't know existed, but had to have (even though I usually never buy modern variants) just because I love this book so much!

IMG_0490.jpg

Thanks again to the Brain for the donuts for the CGC table, and for helping with parking! You're always super helpful and we really appreciate it.

Hope to see more boardies there at our August 5th show!

Edited by wormboy
Spelling

2 minutes ago, HouseofComics.Com said:

Also, as for the new collection, some of the 70s stuff was newsstand fresh, but I don't think the silver age was. Also, there wasn't much early Marvel silver there. For instance, X-Men started at 12 and lots of holes.

Where there dupes or just single issues?

18 minutes ago, HouseofComics.Com said:

Also, as for the new collection, some of the 70s stuff was newsstand fresh, but I don't think the silver age was. Also, there wasn't much early Marvel silver there. For instance, X-Men started at 12 and lots of holes.

Good observation Marc - as you know well, I'm a bronze fiend, so I actually didn't look at much of the silver.

Edited by wormboy