• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

[CLOSED] Select Final Markdowns Offered! Closing Tomorrow Morning! 20% Off Everything Else! Freebie Still in Place! Readcomix' First Sales Thread - Assorted, esoteric, affordable

68 posts in this topic

[Readcomix' First Sales Thread - Assorted, esoteric, affordable

:news:

Welcome to my first sales thread! 

Background: I'm a long-time collector, not a dealer, starting at age 5 in the early '70's with a 20-cents-a-day habit. My eBay feedback is all as a buyer (same name); never sold there and no plans to. I do have a small kudos thread here, having made a handful of purchases from and sales to fellow boardies. I'll attempt to follow what I believe are commonly accepted best practices, based on my reading here and in the rules posting. If I miss something, gentle polite nudges are welcome. Or just kick me in the head. Whatever. Let's have fun with comics!

Rules: :rulez: 

Shipping is $8 U.S. Or $16 to Canada; up to 2 lbs (about 8 books) over that will be actual. (1 oz. over 2 lbs jumps Canadian shipping by $10 USD!) No international, sorry. Cutting my teeth. I'm using those newfangled flip and ship comic mailers, and have gotten good feedback on them. 

No HOS, probies, or treacherous villains, please.

PM's welcome of course, but :takeit: in the thread trumps all, time stamp rules.

Payment is Money Order or check.

Returns: Sure, just notify me within 3 days of receipt and pay return shipping. Unless of course return is due to my error/something I missed.

Okay, in the immortal words of Lawrence Taylor, "Let's all get out there like some crazed dogs a' have some fun!"

Edited by Readcomix
Forgot "take it" rules; freebie added to headline

Recap:

SOLD thus far:

Charlton Bullseye #7

Special Marvel Edition #16

Brave and the Bold #95

STILL AVAILABLE (AT 20% OFF) 

Page 1:

Patsy & Hedy #5

Tip Top 192, 220 (Peanuts)

Dale Evans #3 (Alex Toth 50's DC)

Cosmo, the Merry Martian #4

Archie at Riverdale High #2

Peanuts #3

Johnny Thunder #1-3

Hopalong Casssidy #51

Thunder Agents #5

Jet Dream #1

set of four Santa Claus Funnies (Dell four-color)

Four Color 528 (Dale Evans)

Fast Willie Jackson #3

Page 2: Weird Western Tales #29; A Contract with God limited signed HC first edition #1287 of 1500 plus softcover first edition; Kid Colt #90; Turok 19 (Gold Key); Worlds Finest 119; MarvelComics Super Special #1 (KISS); Fantastic Four #48 coverless

Page 3: Archie 124 (sci-fi cover); Howard the Duck #13 (1st full KISS app in comics); Jughead annual #8 (sci-fi cover); Thor 225(first Firelord); Sugar and Spike #6 incomplete; Machine Man #1; Archie's Joke Book 82/Laugh 175 (Veronica covers): Where Monsters Dwell #1; Two-Gun Kid #83; Archie Giant Series 34 (B&V Summer Fun); I Love You 118; Love Diary 99; Secret Romance 40; Young Romance 200; Sweethearts 119; I Love You 114

Page 4: Alan Light Flashbacks of All-Winners 1 and Captain Marvel Adventures #1 (separate lots) and Don Maris reprint of Uncle Sam Quarterly 1,

All purchasers get a free Crisis on Infinite Earths #3. I have 20 copies; I don't know why. Thanks for looking!

Edited by Readcomix

Next up, some Alex Toth goodness :cloud9: Dale Evans #3, VG. Small piece missing lower left and lower right, some spine wear, a little dusty but bright. $60

Provenance: Western Printing file copy, picked up from a retired pressman who left with a few comics, as many did, when the Poughkeepsie, NY plant (opposite Marist College) closed in the 1980's.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Let's do a lot of four Santa Claus Funnies...Dell four color #'s 1154, 867 and two copies of 958. #867 is the coveted "Elyse" collection with her trademark colored-in Christmas tree. The rest are free of embellishment. VG/F range books. All four for $30.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Bronze but uncommon, and a must for Archie fans...Fast Willie Jackson #3 in VG with slight spine roll and general wear. If I didn't have another, this would NOT be leaving. Fascinating back story to this seven-issue run from Golden Legacy comics. Worth an Internet search to read about. $30.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg