• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What was the first comic you ever bought multiple copies of when it came out?
2 2

101 posts in this topic

bought two copies of Defenders 10, because I wanted the epic centerfold as a poster. First books I speculated on were Spectacular Spider-Man and Spider-Women. Bought a couple copies of Nova#1, as well

Collecting runs was my sole purpose as a youth so buying multiples seemed like a waste of cash that could be spend filling holes in series.  I can't remember one friend who bought multiples back in the day.

1 hour ago, Unca Ben said:

Alpha Flight 1  :$

Also bought 50+ copies of the much-hyped Alpha Flight 1 off the newsstand. Sold most of them at Mid-Ohio Con for $3-$5 each (out of the back of my car in the parking lot).

Probably made $50 after factoring in my time & gas money (to drive around and buy them all from local stores)...made me realize speculating wasn't for me.

-bc

Had been buying as many as three copies of different books before this but first big buy was 25 copies of Xmen 137.  Before you judge too harshly remember that it was a special double issue and each copy could have been worth $2500.  

Turok the Dinosaur hunter.  Just kidding!  Glad I never bought that thing, those back issues are like locusts!  Every lot I buy has at least one in it.

Wolverine #1 1988, bought 4 copies, a few years ago 2 came back 9.8 and sold 'em.  One sold raw and I kept the best copy.

1 hour ago, bc said:

Also bought 50+ copies of the much-hyped Alpha Flight 1 off the newsstand. Sold most of them at Mid-Ohio Con for $3-$5 each (out of the back of my car in the parking lot).

Probably made $50 after factoring in my time & gas money (to drive around and buy them all from local stores)...made me realize speculating wasn't for me.

-bc

Ah, Mid-Ohio Con. :cloud9:

I had to buy x5 of the bagged mcfarlane spiderman regular version to getthe black bagged one I wanted.

I also bought the x4 or 5 dif jim lee xmen 1 regular version to be able to buy the fold out version I wanted.

Soon after this I stopped collecting new books.