• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Speculator corner. Batman #24.
1 1

26 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Zacreth said:

But does it stick and will it happen? who knows?

Who knows but the Short term potential is there for a quick flip

If the 'big news' is all that happens, talk about a book destined for the dollar bin. Can anyone - let alone does anyone - want a

Spoiler

married Batman? Talk about something that doesn't fit with the character archetype whatsoever.

Edited by SquareChaos
Hid the spoiler

But thinking in the long run. The last page asks the question. (Square chaos let the spoiler out...ahem) But issue 25 goes straight into the joker/riddler storyline so there's no answer. Then you get an answer to the question after revealing of some "secret". So let's say there's a short story arc about being happy and all and it all comes to end and he hates the world and setup for the watchmen tie-in to the DC universe.

1 minute ago, Zacreth said:

But thinking in the long run. The last page asks the question. (Square chaos let the spoiler out...ahem) But issue 25 goes straight into the joker/riddler storyline so there's no answer. Then you get an answer to the question after revealing of some "secret". So let's say there's a short story arc about being happy and all and it all comes to end and he hates the world and setup for the watchmen tie-in to the DC universe.

Oops. In my defense, I don't think most people here read comics lol

HA! Jokes on me I guess. I buy some books for spec and dropped All Star (a dud on the market so far) and ordered Batman 25-32 or whenever that storyline ends. So I missed out! I'll get one someday!

18 hours ago, SquareChaos said:

Oops. In my defense, I don't think most people here read comics lol

The very sad truth of the whole forum.

My LCS said he was given no warning that the issue was going to be hot, otherwise he would have upped  his order.  He said the first customer of they day took four, and then the phone calls started.

Being very good to loyal customers he actually pulled all the books from the rack and is saving them for the regulars.  Not sure if he is limiting the number you can buy.  Very nice this for him to do that.

1 hour ago, the authority said:

I know Brave and the Bold #197 isn't modern but it seems people noticed the high end 9.8 on ebay. Any other books you guys think might see movement based on this issue ? 

#197 CGC 9.8 this sold today.

Not sure about its potential, but I love that cover!

Brave and the Bold #197 is a great story, written by Alan Brennert... terrific writer. He did a number of sporadic "Elseworlds"-type stories with Batman through the 80s and early 90s, including Detective #500, B&B #197, and Batman: Holy Terror (anyone else remember that one?). I really liked everything I read by him.

8 minutes ago, Point Five said:

Brave and the Bold #197 is a great story, written by Alan Brennert... terrific writer. He did a number of sporadic "Elseworlds"-type stories with Batman through the 80s and early 90s, including Detective #500, B&B #197, and Batman: Holy Terror (anyone else remember that one?). I really liked everything I read by him.

Holy Terror was definitely one of the better Elseworlds, I've got a couple of 'em!

1 hour ago, drotto said:

My LCS said he was given no warning that the issue was going to be hot, otherwise he would have upped  his order.  He said the first customer of they day took four, and then the phone calls started.

Being very good to loyal customers he actually pulled all the books from the rack and is saving them for the regulars.  Not sure if he is limiting the number you can buy.  Very nice this for him to do that.

When I went to my LCS earlier there were about 20 copies of cover A and 4 copies of cover B left on the shelf. I don't normally like the Tim Sale covers but grabbed it in addition to the regular for this issue. 

So what if the setup is that they get married, Batman changes from the dark character he is known to be, and god forbid DC kills Catwoman by anyone and Batman goes all rage? But what about the Dark Days storyline... is that completely separate from this story since we're going into the joker/riddler story arc?