• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

eBay auctions: Copper Age X-men related pages!

12 posts in this topic

Okay, tightwads, you wanted the artists to lower there prices, you got it. Here's a batch of Copper Age X-Factor pages from the Mutant Massacre and the Evolutionary War storylines, all discounted from their listed. You got no more excuses now. Time for you to put up or shut up (I'm betting you haven't got the guts for the former, though). Fail on this and you prove everything I've ever said about this "community" is true. So, what's it gonna be?

http://www.ebay.com/sch/m.html?item=191225202282&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&_sop=1&rmvSB=true&hash=item2c85e9066a&afsrc=1&_ssn=whatwhatwhat06 

{NOTE: And remember, buffoons , if you have an international address, you won't see the auctions, as I don't sell internationally though eBay. You will have to contact me direct at the art gallery to buy. Yeah, I know, opening your mouths to talk business, rather than trash, is a big hardship for you, but them is the breaks! Deal with it!}

tsxfac9p02.jpg

Edited by Meeley Man

3 hours ago, Meeley Man said:

Okay, tightwads, you wanted the artists to lower there prices, you got it. Here's a batch of Copper Age X-Factor pages from the Mutant Massacre and the Evolutionary War storylines, all discounted from their listed. You got no more excuses now. Time for you to put up or shut up (I'm betting you haven't got the guts for the former, though). Fail on this and you prove everything I've ever said about this "community" is true. So, what's it gonna be?

http://www.ebay.com/sch/m.html?item=191225202282&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&_sop=1&rmvSB=true&hash=item2c85e9066a&afsrc=1&_ssn=whatwhatwhat06

tsxfac9p02.jpg

I see O items for sale :shrug:

I'm not sure which is worse: the fact that you actively insult anyone who may be interested in doing business with you, or the fact that you're apparently using a turn of the 20th century insult guide to do so. But what do I know, I'm just a buffoon.

I recently made a caf page of my art pages and commissions  and Meeley Man contacted me to check out his listings.  The message was cordial, not like some of his posts that I have read here.  At this time he does not have anything that I am interested in.  I guess my point is that I see his posts here as a bit of expected harshness.  He posts in a tone that is what he think we expect him to.  I also thinks he means some of what he posts in the the way he posts it, and some of it is having fun with the past back and forths. It is a bit confusing sometimes. Does any of that make any sense? :wishluck:

Edited by Spidey 62
Grammar

1 hour ago, Spidey 62 said:

I recently made a caf page of my art pages and commissions  and Meeley Man contacted me to check out his listings.  The message was cordial, not like some of his posts that I have read here.  At this time he does not have anything that I am interested in.  I guess my point is that I see his posts here as a bit of expected harshness.  He posts in a tone that is what he thinks we expect him to.  I also thinks he means some of what he posts in the the way he posts it, and some of it is having fun with the pasts back and forths. It is a bit confusing sometimes. Does any of that make any sense? :wishluck:

You are absolutely correct. The "harshness" is on purpose. I've found that posting here in a positive manner is largely ignore by the people here (the many, many posts where I've done so is a testament to that). But they do respond to negativity. So, that's what I give them here (they are also pretty adept at inspiring it, too, which has helped me to understand why so many other reps and dealers come off as so "prickly"). Other places I do it much differently, given that they will respond to positivity. It really says something about the mentality of many who come here, that such is the case. Even moreso, in that I've seen more traction on the eBay auctions (and sales in general) since taking that tact here.

Interestingly enough, I notice no one ever wants to talk with those who've actually done business with me. To see just what the transaction was like. Bill C and Hal Turner, two well known posters here, recently did so. I can only guess that people don't make those inquiries, because they know it would probably ruin the (as you so nicely put it) "expected harshness" they want to associate me with. After all, the last thing ideologues ever want, is facts that contradict their assumptions.

So, I have adapted my tactics when posting here, to fit what people "expect" and what they seem to respond to. But I always do a square deal with anyone who buys, as anyone who has done so can attest. If that isn't enough for some people, then that is their loss. They can continue to do business with the more unsavory and less ethical-minded people who permeate this hobby (as I'm sure they already do, since I've been told by those here, more than once, they'll "deal with the devil" to get what they want). Funny thing, though, that they'd deal with someone who actually did things to screw over buyers, yet will not do business with someone over mere "harsh words." Kind of gives you a glimpse of why this hobby is as it is, with so many people holding such "priorities" as that.

36 minutes ago, Kohei said:

His tone and insults are exactly why I won't buy from him.

No, I just don't have art from an artist you want badly enough. But every dog has their day. I'm sure some day I will have such and then you will want to buy, regardless of my "tone" here. But if you don't, it is completely YOUR loss. Just ask those who have bought from me. If you have the courage to face seeing your assumptions shattered, that is.

Edited by Meeley Man

7 hours ago, F For Fake said:

I'm not sure which is worse: the fact that you actively insult anyone who may be interested in doing business with you, or the fact that you're apparently using a turn of the 20th century insult guide to do so. But what do I know, I'm just a buffoon.

As I stated already, the "tone" is what seems to work here. No one to blame for that, but yourselves. As to the use of "buffoon," well, I needed a word that fit, which wouldn't be blocked by the filters here. It seems to get the point across, didn't it? And how can mere words hurt people who've claimed they'll "deal with the devil?" Seems to run counter to what you want to claim. No, those who don't do business with me are likely because I don't have art from an artist they want. But the minute I do, all of this will mean nothing. It's already been proven by increased traction on the eBay auctions and sales in general.

But your last line is more true that you realize. Not just because of the realities I stated above, but by replying to this, you prove that negativity is what people support here, way more than positivity. And what can make you look more that way than your own words and actions?

52 minutes ago, Kohei said:

I'm not getting into any of this with you...it was a bore last time you went off in the forums, it still is.

And yet here you are still replying. Proving me correct. So, thanks for that!