• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

John romita Sr. Interview

5 posts in this topic

I sat down to talk with John Romita Sr. recently for SYFYWire about the Art of Spider-Man exhibit and his great career (OA was mentioned so its not OT :bigsmile:). Here's the first part of our conversation:

http://www.blastr.com/2017-6-8/watch-comics-great-john-romita-sr-his-favorite-spider-man-issues

I hope you enjoy it as much as I enjoyed talking with him. I've been fortunate to do more than a few interviews with the greats of the comic book industry.

Special thanks to Mike Burkey, who helped me set this up. 

Mike

On 6/9/2017 at 6:21 AM, fsumavila said:

I sat down to talk with John Romita Sr. recently for SYFYWire about the Art of Spider-Man exhibit and his great career (OA was mentioned so its not OT :bigsmile:). Here's the first part of our conversation:

http://www.blastr.com/2017-6-8/watch-comics-great-john-romita-sr-his-favorite-spider-man-issues

I hope you enjoy it as much as I enjoyed talking with him. I've been fortunate to do more than a few interviews with the greats of the comic book industry.

Special thanks to Mike Burkey, who helped me set this up. 

Mike

Nice interview Mike.  I don't have Amazing Spiderman 108 and 109 in my collection anymore so I'm going to have to hunt those books down and look at them again per Romita's recommendation.  That WAS a great period of Romita's career so I'm not surprised he's so proud of it.

Scott

1 hour ago, JadeGiant said:

Very nice! I also watched a Peter David video. I wish these were a bit longer. I was just settling in and they are done. Good stuff!

I agree with you, but we have to take social media into account, and shorter videos tend to grab more traffic. I promise there's much more to the Romita intv - MUCH more. We'll be posting other clips as Spider-Man: Homecoming movie approaches. I'll be sure to share those here.

Thanks for viewing them.