• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What is your Fav/BEST SA Cover of all time? Here's Mine!
4 4

179 posts in this topic

It's hard for me to pin down just one. I have several favorites from the late Silver Age which is when I first started collecting as a kid.  I always thought this JLA cover was one of the coolest and most unique from the floating head genre. The black background really makes the colors pop.

jla61-small-front.jpg

It just seems to me that in general, the covers of Silver Age books had better composition and a better use of colors. As we got into the 70's, the covers seemed to get too cluttered and busy and the art looked rushed or sloppy. The simplicity and artistic creativity that made the books from the 60's "pop" was mostly lost. Now don't get me wrong, there were some exceptions to this, but the trend seemed to be going the wrong way as a whole. 

On 30/07/2017 at 12:30 PM, 01TheDude said:

Gorgo and the Sea Beast are about to make out!

Looks like a romance cover

Prototype for the aliens in The Simpsons? (not sure why the image of the book cover I quoted didn't copy in with this post - image is on page 6 of this thread!)

Edited by BuscemasAvengers

OK............... This is a good theme for a thread, but one choice won't cut it. What I'm going to do is list several of my favorites that span several genres and are also choices that NO one else is likely to make. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

8dPg9oj.jpg

jqqTgkz.jpg

QcV3GmA.jpg

BiPG3ZL.jpg

3OXeYtp.jpg

W7USjbo.jpg

DnzzUKH.jpg

g16GDVd.jpg

JR7gUvh.jpg

gXU7cKJ.jpg

qP606ky.jpg

x4993fX.jpg

jimbo, you're the man! Beautiful books!

Love this Flash cover. DC broke convention and did some creative work with the logos on a few of their titles in this time frame. There was Aquaman #42, Batman #194, Strange Adventures #212, Teen Titans #15 & 16 to name a few.

image.jpeg

On 11/21/2017 at 2:59 AM, Jaylam said:

jimbo, you're the man! Beautiful books!

Love this Flash cover. DC broke convention and did some creative work with the logos on a few of their titles in this time frame. There was Aquaman #42, Batman #194, Strange Adventures #212, Teen Titans #15 & 16 to name a few.

image.jpeg

I always liked Flash's rogues gallery but i didn't figure out that there was a special reason i liked this Flash cover ! now i need to look at those other issues that you mentioned DC did creative work on !!