• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wrightson and Kirby Original Art Update

31 posts in this topic

Hi Steve,

I knew you'd appreciate it. Thanks for the kind words. I'm lucky to have found it, and even luckier to have been able to afford it (right place, right time). Tax refunds don't hurt, either!

If you're ever in NYC, you're welcome to see it in person someday. These early splash pages, being large art, are really spectacular (as you know).

All the best,

Hi Hari,

I would love to see it in person. I was hoping to come to NYC for the Heritage Auction but have meetings this week. But I will happily take you up on the offer in the future!

I think I'm going to print out this scan and admire it!

--Steve

Hari -

Congrats on some more unbelievable pieces. hail.gifhail.gifhail.gif

FF#5!!!!! 893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif

I don't even know what to say....You own pieces from every significant (to me) comic book I can think of!!! Miracleman cover, Killing Joke art, and now Doom's 1st app.

I bow before you! hail.gif

Hari -

I don't even know what to say....You own pieces from every significant (to me) comic book I can think of!!! Miracleman cover, Killing Joke art, and now Doom's 1st app.

Thanks for the kind words. I guess I collect differently than most, but I try to get a nice example by my favorite artists doing what they're known for. I also try to get a nice example from characters and storylines that I'm particularly fond of. So, that makes for real variety in a collection. That's why you see Alan Davis Miracleman in the same collection as Kirby FF/Doom, and Edward Gorey in the same collection as Eastman's TMNT. There is some method to the madness! smile.gif

Best,

Thanks for the kind words. I guess I collect differently than most, but I try to get a nice example by my favorite artists doing what they're known for. I also try to get a nice example from characters and storylines that I'm particularly fond of. So, that makes for real variety in a collection. That's why you see Alan Davis Miracleman in the same collection as Kirby FF/Doom, and Edward Gorey in the same collection as Eastman's TMNT. There is some method to the madness! smile.gif

Best,

Yes! And they always seem to be from the stories I am fond of!

Maybe one day I'll get to see your fantastic collection. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif