• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Facilitator refunds

10 posts in this topic

Facilitator refunds

Just a question to ask but how long should one wait for a full refund from a facilitator for an item that never materializes?

This would be after the facilitator states he cannot get the item done and offers a refund. I ask since the goal post keeps shifting 30 days going on a couple of months now or with offers of partial payment that never materialize.  Shouldn't the funds sent into a facilitator for an item be put in escrow?

52 minutes ago, wombat said:

1 day. Why should they get to keep your money for any longer? You can nominate them to the probation list. 

Not really. I think the rules to nominate forces you to wait at least 30 days. Too long in my opinion but that's the rules.

11 minutes ago, Bomber-Bob said:

Not really. I think the rules to nominate forces you to wait at least 30 days. Too long in my opinion but that's the rules.

I have no idea when this saga started. Maybe it's been that long already. Plus it never hurts to start the discussion. It's amazing how many people suddenly do the right thing when the discussion comes up. 

On 6/9/2017 at 10:37 PM, wombat said:

1 day. Why should they get to keep your money for any longer? You can nominate them to the probation list. 

That reply is just deplorable. Why would he nominate the facilitator to the probation list after he offered a refund? Just senseless..

48 minutes ago, StarryNight said:

That reply is just deplorable. Why would he nominate the facilitator to the probation list after he offered a refund? Just senseless..

I think he's saying if the facilitator doesn't give the refund then you can nominate. At least that's how I understood it

1 hour ago, ss5rmp said:

I think he's saying if the facilitator doesn't give the refund then you can nominate. At least that's how I understood it

It definitely doesn't read that way. The facilitator offered a refund and the OP instead took the option to wait for another sig-op. Circumstances are preventing sig from being had. So the OP should simply ask for the refund. Who's at fault here?

The partial payment, is that from the facilitator?

Edited by StarryNight

5 hours ago, StarryNight said:

What I took from the OP is that the refund is being delayed and promises not kept. If you find that deplorable so be it. And the OP made zero mention of waiting for another sig op. 

"I ask since the goal post keeps shifting 30 days going on a couple of months now or with offers of partial payment that never materialize"

Edited by wombat

Clarification

The option for refund was offered after waiting for over a year for the op to happen that did not materialize. The refund was slated to occur in 30 days and then delayed and then a partial payment offered which has yet to show up.

At this point I do not know who has the money the artist or the facilitator. Tempted to email the artist direct but they probably have no clue of the situation. 

Patiently waiting for the refund so I guess in 30 days I make the nomination for probation list if no movement is seen. 

Hey Ronnie!

You should get with the moderators to get your old account merged with the new one.  I had the same problem initially.

In any case, it sounds like 30 days as come and gone.  This is the standard period a person is given to make good on their agreement and it sounds like you're well beyond that.  Send the person a new PM (not attached to an old PM exchange) informing them that unless you get your refund, you'll be nominating them for the probation list in 3 days.  If no refund is received in 3 days,  post the persons board name and the details (dates, amounts, relevant conversation records, etc.) in the probation thread and nominate him for probation.  I hope it doesn't get that far, but if it does, the good folks over at the probation list thread will be able to walk you through any further steps. 

Good luck!