• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I bought a collection!
5 5

247 posts in this topic

Thanks guys! I appreciate it. Tons of work ahead but I have sold about 10 comics already! ^^

Edited by Bird
no ToD but lots of Dr Strange!

18 minutes ago, cms1 said:

Awesome pickup.  What is the time frame that the books run from?

Marvel only. I was saying no newsstand but I just saw both versions of the ASM wedding annual! The range is early 1960s (he was not OO of the earliest books but bought someone out in the early 1970s) up through about 1997. He said 1995 pretty definitively but there are books into 1997. No ToD, no Conan, no Red Sonja, no DD, no Moon Knight and tons of drek. But tons of keys and groovy books as well so it was well worth it.

1 hour ago, mrwoogieman said:

Congrats on buying the collection! Good for you.

I'm sure your local hunting competition will be wondering where you went although probably not missing you! :devil:

I intended to keep hunting. jsilverjanet made a good point, when hot keep it going until you run it cold. But I spent a ton of time listing comics this weekend that I decided against going to a good looking estate sale yesterday. I will definitely have a smaller search radius though!

1 hour ago, Bird said:

I intended to keep hunting. jsilverjanet made a good point, when hot keep it going until you run it cold. But I spent a ton of time listing comics this weekend that I decided against going to a good looking estate sale yesterday. I will definitely have a smaller search radius though!

There's always the cash flow issue as well.  And hot streaks are a mind trick anyway.

8 minutes ago, fastballspecial said:

You can sell some more if you look back at your PMs. :whistle:

True dat! Sorry for neglecting it, I have been focused on the SA stuff so I can list it here. Those books are on fire as well, so it was easy for me to avoid the decision and list the SA. (I do have an New Muts 6, 7, 8, 15 newsstand auction running now  on ebay though. Midgrade.)

On 6/10/2017 at 11:48 AM, Bird said:

I never thought I would get something like this in a deal. I bought a 5.5 recently but....WOWZERS!

DB-xxcbXoAAlCj8.jpg

That is enough for now. Tired, so so tired. (I was up at 4:30 today and ready to go get these comics!!!)

Awesome! I would love to find these in a collection someday

16 minutes ago, STORMSHADOW_80 said:

Awesome! I would love to find these in a collection someday

Yeah! I always looked at posts like that and thought it would never happen for me. Keep on keepin' on and maybe it will happen. You can't win it if you aren't in it! They are out there.

I am really psyched at the quality of the ASMs! The Surfers were in trouble but still fairly nice but some of the ASMs, most in fact, are swiggety sweet! :cloud9:

Edited by Bird
well,most so far! Only through 40-60 out of 350 or so!

I am falling in love with John Romita! <3

Posting the issues is a bit confusing because they seem to have some similar poses and I think...didn't I list that one already? bt here is one or two so you can see the quality. How did the same guy own these books and own the Surfers? 

DCKA-8NVYAAP3-9.jpg

DCKA-8OVYAALOxu.jpg

DCKA-8OUwAIf0Zk.jpg

DCKA-8MUwAErTqS.jpg

On 6/11/2017 at 5:55 PM, Bird said:

Thanks guys! I appreciate it. Tons of work ahead but I have sold about 10 comics already! ^^

only 39,990  to go!!!!

;)

I picked up one of those monster collections last year - they are a lot of fun to go through, but such a pain to move ( both physically and selling, lol) ----

good luck!

Congrats on the collection! I would love to dive into something like this but cant imagine going through 40,000 books!

From the sounds of it, you paid a fair price for them which is admirable. I hope it turns a good profit for you!

7 hours ago, Chip Cataldo said:

Congrats Bird!  This collection sounds amazing.  Best of luck and much profit to you.

Thanks. I have had the good luck part already, just working on the other part. Sold 50 books or so between here and ebay though. Listed about 100 so that ratio works for me!

4 minutes ago, 01TheDude said:

you mentioned you have books also listed on ebay - can you PM me your user ID on there so I can check those out? Can't seem to find it in your threads/profile etc.

fedres420

I listed a bunch of my 50 free before buying the collection so now only a few things from there and the rest stuff I already had. I think thatI will put a few ASMs up for auction soon though. Thanks for asking, good to get that out there so i will just post it here and use the @01TheDude function for the first time!

Edited by Bird
well, I used that @ thing wrong. How does that work again?