• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I bought a collection!
5 5

247 posts in this topic

6 minutes ago, spidrvacc said:

Bird , glad it worked out . Awesome. Let us know where the local show is . Some of us jersey guys can see them up close. Again congrats.

Pug Productions Old Bridge show on 8.27.17. I am cash only at this point but it looks like I can get that Four Square thing so I may try that for the show so i can accept cc. No wall display plans at this point though as I am not a con seller, just a guy who sells books. (what does that even mean?) I will have more bulk runs than expensive books I think. The good stuff should get slabbed. I am also considering small concentrated forum sales threads and may even have one ready for next weekend. I already have a Prince Namor and Saga of the Submariner lot on ebay...$15-$20 to recoup right there! :wishluck:  :flipbait:

Edited by Bird
I always edit when my capitalization and punctuation are lacking!

I will only say this once...if you like reading comics consider taking my Secret Santa this year! If you like slabbing them maybe not, but if you like reading them come and get'em! Bulk will be yours, raw and likely not bagged/boarded but fun fun fun. And I don't even know what I'll put in there but it will be fun fun fun runs.

26 minutes ago, Bird said:

Pug Productions Old Bridge show on 8.27.17. I am cash only at this point but it looks like I can get that Four Square thing so I may try that for the show so i can accept cc. No wall display plans at this point though as I am not a con seller, just a guy who sells books. (what does that even mean?) I will have more bulk runs than expensive books I think. The good stuff should get slabbed. I am also considering small concentrated forum sales threads and may even have one ready for next weekend. I already have a Prince Namor and Saga of the Submariner lot on ebay...$15-$20 to recoup right there! :wishluck:  :flipbait:

Well I'm always at the old Bridge shows since that's right by where I live. Will stop by yo table to say hello if I am there. 

50 minutes ago, Bird said:

You have paypal already right? You can have them send payment to you through their phones with the PP app, and your email.

1 hour ago, Bird said:

paypal has a card swipe thing, and from what my friend tells me is cheaper than Square

9 minutes ago, Fan Boy said:

Bird, congrats on your purchase. I hope to see you throw up one or two sales threads someday...  maybe your IH 181 undercopy? :baiting:

lol

Thanks for the props! I worked it and feel pretty good about the whole thing. We'll see how that goes in two years or ten when I am still selling these comics! Ebaying some now and a sales thread of stuff may come pretty soon.

Regarding IH 181, it will be a while before I know what I have but my new copy is pretty sweet indeed. Everything is for sale eventually though, just not right now!

Edited by Bird
I intend to die on 11/29/2066,my 100th birthday, so I have some time to take care of all this.

6 minutes ago, Bird said:

Thanks for the props! I worked it and feel pretty good about the whole thing. We'll see how that goes in two years or ten when I am still selling these comics! Ebaying

13 minutes ago,  Fan Boy said: 

Bird, congrats on your purchase. I hope to see you throw up one or two sales threads someday...  maybe your IH 181 undercopy? :baiting:

lol

Thanks for the props! I worked it and feel pretty good about the whole thing. We'll see how that goes in two years or ten when I am still selling these comics! Ebaying some now and a sales thread of stuff may come pretty soon.

Regarding IH 181, it will be a while before I know what I have but my new copy is pretty sweet indeed. Everything is for sale eventually though, just not right now!

Edited 3 minutes ago by Bird 
I intend to die on 11/29/2066,my 100th birthday, so I have some time to take care of all this.

lol  I get your drift, I am of the same as you. 

I intend to live on 10/25/2068 on my 100th birthday party, reading your 40k comics for fun!

PMs are coming in regularly and that is fine but I'll mention a few things here to save time, keeping in mind I want this thread here and not in sales. I am listing some in lots to speed things along. Keepers are keepers for sure, at least for now.I don't mind entertaining requests/offers but am not going crazy with individual books. But if you PM me I will try to recall the info when the time comes and let you know about the books you are interested in, but I am not likely to reply with photos or prices immediately. Still figuring out what is what here.

This counts as finding a book in the wild though!  

DCAN8k6XkAAPcOe.jpg

There will be no newsstands, no later printings,etc. These all appear to be DE 1st prints with no doubles.

Edited by Bird
I need to focus, my thinking AND my camera! PMs should have your request in the title for ease of recall.

I am scanning Submariner for a sales thread here and was complaining to wifey about how long the process was taking. She asked if I really wanted to keep going. I said that I was going to switch to digital pictures to speed things along. She said "no, I mean do you still want to go get the rest of all those books?" :roflmao:

I love her to death but at that moment she seemed like she didn't get me at all! lol

Edited by Bird
camera phone good but cracked screen and 50 year old eyes + poor focus!

The Silver Surfer run was not as nice condition wise as the Submariner run. Oh well. Still nice books and remarkably the SS4 was the nicest of the squarebound ones in the run, so I lucked out there as I love that darn cover. The Surfer 3 has extensive tape on the spine...I knew condition was an issue but it is still disappointing when the groovy books are not minty mint. Still, the IH 181 was awesome so what can I complain about? :sumo: I also am keeping SS1 for now. The ASM 129 in PGM thread got consistent 6s, so if I press it and slab it I'll have a nice book there. I think the press will help it a bit although GPA is all over in that grade range.

Edited by Bird
minty mont? JoJo the Monkey Boy and his sausage fingers strikes again!

I also got a full Star Wars run, 1-107. So all that junk (someone...Vintage Comics I think, correctly surmised that with 40000 books that 30000 are drek) amongst the pretty pretties.

I am exhausted. My insomnia is going very strong (I can fall asleep with my maximum does of 3 mgs Lunesta but only get 4-5 hours and cannot get back to sleep) and I was up at 4:30 am today. Got on the computer and dealt with Submariner for hours! And 80 or so IH comics onto the bay in 4 lots! Still, I would be inside most of the time in this heat anyway. I htink I may just have become a 4-5 hours sleep guy in my old age. (as I yawn bigly!)