• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Mummy
1 1

24 posts in this topic

We have it in the Universal Monsters Franchise thread because, unfortunately, the feeling was it didn't even deserve a dedicated thread.

:foryou:

But I agree. The -script story is a huge problem. Too much focus on ramming the larger universe into the story.

17 hours ago, wombat said:

The Mummy

Couldn't find a thread already started. Saw it tonight. Wasn't my choice. I didn't like it. Very odd story line. Didn't flow at all. 

I had hoped it would be good. :(

5 hours ago, kimik said:

Did you waste money on seeing it? Wait for it for free online instead.

No. That's the plan!

Since the cursed movie received a cursed thread.

:baiting:

Report says The Mummy could lose as much as $95 million

mummy-loss.jpg

Deadline has gathered from several financial sources that the Tom Cruise-led action movie could lose as much as $95 million after all is said and done, with their estimated final global tally hitting somewhere around $375 million. Though that’s no chump change to us normal folk, the movies estimated budget falls around the $350 million range, with a combined $190 million production budget and a $150 million global promotion cost.

The movie has been severely hurt by bad buzz, which hasn’t always spelled doom for movies, such as the TRANSFORMERS films or last year’s BATMAN V. SUPERMAN. But in a summer crowded with so many tentpole films (including the beloved WONDER WOMAN) audiences are flaking on the franchise starter, with competition growing each week. Normally movies like this hope to gain from overseas box office numbers, and the movie's current global haul is $293 million, but this week alone sees the release of TRANSFORMERS: THE LAST KNIGHT, a franchise with tremendous global appeal. No doubt its release will harshly cut into MUMMY’s numbers, as will next week’s DESPICABLE ME 3, another franchise entry that’s sure to take advantage of deep overseas roots. From there it gets worse with SPIDER-MAN: HOMECOMING kicking off July.

3 hours ago, Bosco685 said:

e cursed movie received a cursed thread.

:baiting:

Report says The Mummy could lose as much as $95 million

I knew it wasn't going to set the world on fire,but wasn't expecting it to be a big loss as it is. I thought worldwide box office would have save it.

Here is hoping the Johnny Depp Invisible Man fairs better.:wishluck:

Edited by ComicConnoisseur

On 20 June 2017 at 8:36 PM, Bosco685 said:

mummy-loss.jpg

She looks more like a Goth than an ancient Egyptian to me.

Watch it on TV sometime.

Edited by Ken Aldred

23 hours ago, ComicConnoisseur said:

Latest update

Total Lifetime Grosses

Domestic: $78,166,335   20.3%

+ Foreign: $306,979,690   79.7%

= Worldwide: $385,146,025 

Because I'm a super fan of 2013's The Lone Ranger, I'm still going to check it out optimistically. :wishluck: 

‘The Mummy’ Reaches $400 Million Worldwide Thanks to China’s Box Office

The Mummy was a massive flop when it opened stateside earlier this summer. The film, which had a reported budget of $125 million, opened to bad reviews and an underwhelming $31 million as it limped to a domestic take of $80 million. Normally, for a film that’s supposed to spawn a franchise, in this case Universal’s Dark Universe, that would be curtains even with Bride of Frankenstein set for February 2019. But international box office matters more than ever, and that’s what’s going to save the franchise.

O8mgP3t.png