• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Mummy
1 1

24 posts in this topic

Even though I'm a big fan of the Classic Universal horror movies, I had no desire to see this at all, and doubt I'll ever even rent it. The Monsters are gothic creatures who either live in Castles, or roam the countryside in search of victims. They aren't suitable for CGI action movies with giant special effects . The only upcoming remake I have some hope for is The Bride of Frankenstein. Director Bill Condon directed the excellent Gods and Monsters, and knows how to put a film together(he just directed Disney's 500 million grosser Beauty and the Beast). Plus he's a huge fan of the source material. So I'm cautiously optimistic about that one.

Edited by Larryw7

9 hours ago, Larryw7 said:

Even though I'm a big fan of the Classic Universal horror movies, I had no desire to see this at all, and doubt I'll ever even rent it. The Monsters are gothic creatures who either live in Castles, or roam the countryside in search of victims. They aren't suitable for CGI action movies with giant special effects . The only upcoming remake I have some hope for is The Bride of Frankenstein. Director Bill Condon directed the excellent Gods and Monsters, and knows how to put a film together(he just directed Disney's 500 million grosser Beauty and the Beast). Plus he's a huge fan of the source material. So I'm cautiously optimistic about that one.

I saw the film and thought it was fine like an ok to good, but not great. The weird part of this film was Crowe's character that seemed out of place. This film is not as bad as people make it out to be. The critics hate Cruise now and just bash his films

14 hours ago, Larryw7 said:

I agree. I thought this was a real good remake and a good starting point. Too bad Universal got cold feet.