• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

First time submitting to CGC

9 posts in this topic

Hey fellow collectors ,

I have some questions to you since this is the first time I'm submitting something to CGC. 

When using the online submitting form, the website is asking me at one point which shipment menthod I want and if I have a FedEx account number. 

So so far so good. I enter my FedEx account number and then the final checkout page shows me I have to pay 346$ for grading and 300$ for shipping. 

Why does the website show me shipping costs in the total amount? CGC can't know the shipping costs through my FedEx account since I have some special shipping rates with them because I live in Germany.  I always get a bill from FedEx with the shipping costs I have to pay to them. 

So so my question is, will CGC charge my credit card with 646$ or with 346$ and I'll get my shipping bill from FedEx like always.  

Edited by Yannick/Thomas

1 hour ago, Iceman399 said:

They charge you extra to use them.... 

Probably not much extra compared to what they're charging him for online.... O.o 

I don't know if CGC is toll-free in Germany, but I'd try that Monday :shy:

On ‎6‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 11:38 AM, Yannick/Thomas said:

Hey fellow collectors ,

I have some questions to you since this is the first time I'm submitting something to CGC. 

When using the online submitting form, the website is asking me at one point which shipment menthod I want and if I have a FedEx account number. 

So so far so good. I enter my FedEx account number and then the final checkout page shows me I have to pay 346$ for grading and 300$ for shipping. 

Why does the website show me shipping costs in the total amount? CGC can't know the shipping costs through my FedEx account since I have some special shipping rates with them because I live in Germany.  I always get a bill from FedEx with the shipping costs I have to pay to them. 

So so my question is, will CGC charge my credit card with 646$ or with 346$ and I'll get my shipping bill from FedEx like always.  

Hi, 

As long as you have a fedex account number on file with us, you won't get charged.  Why don't you email me your member number and fedex account number and I can get that all set up for you?  My email is bree@cgccomics.com 

On a related note.....

It has been my experience that CGC's FedEx rate for international shipping is SUBSTANTIALLY BETTER than the rates I would pay if shipped under my own FedEx account.  Obviously Yannick/Thomas is having books shipped internationally. I have no idea what FedEx charges account holders in other countries. Maybe it's better rates than us here in the USA.  But I've checked this numerous times over the years including just six months ago, and CGC's FedEx rates were a lot better than what I would get from FedEx. 

The greatest savings would come from Yannick/Thomas sweet talking CGC into holding/shipping all the books back together in one package. What's driving the cost so high is that you have 12 books total shipping international in 4 different packages.  At a minimum, those three moderns should be turned into value submissions and probably the Economy as well. Then you'd only have two packages. 

Edited by Tony S

Thanks to all for all your help. 

I talked with CGC and they told me that they will ship everything through my account and won't charge me shipping. 

But they won't hold my books, so I'll move most books in the Value tier. That should reduce my costs as well.