• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Certify

7 posts in this topic

15 hours ago, Pedro1978 said:

Certify

Hello, I am in Toronto Canada, I have some comics that I would like to certify. Does anybody Know where I can do it in Canada. To send to US will cost me more money than the comic.

Thanks

I don't believe that CGC has a center in Canada :sorry:

16 hours ago, Pedro1978 said:

Certify

Hello, I am in Toronto Canada, I have some comics that I would like to certify. Does anybody Know where I can do it in Canada. To send to US will cost me more money than the comic.

Thanks

Florida only.

On 6/12/2017 at 7:56 PM, Pedro1978 said:

Certify

Thanks

5 minutes ago, 01TheDude said:

bigger question might be-- why do you feel you need to certify the books in the first place if the shipping cost is more than they are worth?

No one will think less of them if they are raw.

Generally agree if your books aren't worth the shipping, probably not worth slabbing. That being said, I've slabbed a few borderline books purely for personal collection purposes (display, longevity, etc.) so there are some reasons.

If you only have a few books (and thus not worth getting a CGC account) check out Paradise Comics (midtown Toronto, near Yonge and Lawrence). They charge the CGC fees (pass-through, including US$5 per invoice) and then C$8 per book for round-trip shipping. They slab lots of books regularly so they're sending books out at least once a month (twice a month during Con season). They're great guys and will help you with everything. This way you don't have to worry about packing your books properly into boxes, shipping, customs, etc. 

On 6/12/2017 at 4:56 PM, Pedro1978 said:

Does anybody Know where I can do it in Canada.

Thanks

The back seat of any Cadillac.