• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

(attempted) Flip of the Day!
12 12

2,088 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, -m said:

WAR MACHINE Issue #11 Splash Page

Comic Connect - 12/04/2017 - $115

CAF - 01/04/2018 - $499

https://www.comicconnect.com/bookDetail.php?id=741315

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=1445121

Every piece he lists is a flip. JJ is not a collector. If he collects - he keeps it private.  He buys to resell from what I can see.

52 minutes ago, lobrac said:

Hmmm. This is Borock's MO, buy high sell higher, (and as we'd all agree, nothing particularly wrong with that) but I think $1500 was already top of the mountain for Bright Firestorm ;)

He may be stuck with this for a while. Which is too bad; there are some Firestorm folks out there (me) that would have been happy to get this for $700-$900 that it's actually worth lol

Mark Bright & Sam De La Rosa Firestorm #68 cover Comic Art

On 1/7/2018 at 4:49 PM, Panelfan1 said:

Every piece he lists is a flip. JJ is not a collector. If he collects - he keeps it private.  He buys to resell from what I can see.

ive heard he is also a person who will verbally agree to a price on  art items for sale then vanish for a week while he is trying to shop them. If he works out a deal he will pay, if he fails he will break his word and back out of the deal. That is not a flipper, that is a scumbag. 

Edited by dirtymartini1

On 1/9/2018 at 2:52 PM, vodou said:

Hmmm. This is Borock's MO, buy high sell higher, (and as we'd all agree, nothing particularly wrong with that) but I think $1500 was already top of the mountain for Bright Firestorm ;)

He may be stuck with this for a while. Which is too bad; there are some Firestorm folks out there (me) that would have been happy to get this for $700-$900 that it's actually worth lol

Dem Beckett bucks will hold him over while he waits.

On ‎1‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 2:52 PM, vodou said:

Really? An 80's Big Two superhero cover (even of Firestorm) is not a sub $1000 page. And this one is pretty nice, from a pure aesthetics point of view.

36 minutes ago, PhilipB2k17 said:

Really? An 80's Big Two superhero cover (even of Firestorm) is not a sub $1000 page. And this one is pretty nice, from a pure aesthetics point of view.

Wrong artist. "Big rocks falling" is the villain? No. This is sub-$1000 all day long. However, I do think Borock will find his "one right buyer" at that price eventually. May take a few years though. And it won't be me :)

On 1/18/2018 at 6:51 AM, Panelfan1 said:

Sold on Heritage for $2629 in November.

On sale on for $5000 archangels (rob hughes?)

see art aficionado report on this piece here.

perhaps it was always worth 5k, and only they saw it?

6.-1.jpg

I used to own that piece.

Had to sell it.

Spidey's assparts were just too intimidating. 

1 hour ago, PhilipB2k17 said:

There are tons of 80's Big 2 Super hero cover that won't go anywhere near $1K.  I should buy them all and sell to you at $1k! :flipbait:

Malvin

2 hours ago, lobrac said:

Weird.  Do you think the sellers use of "cgc gga sleaze" in the title of the auction how he feel about his auction being featured in this thread?

3 hours ago, lobrac said:

1 hour ago, comicwiz said:

Weird.  Do you think the sellers use of "cgc gga sleaze" in the title of the auction how he feel about his auction being featured in this thread?

Well, thoughts on this..... 

1) What the hell does CGC have to do with a random  mid-low-end bronze horror page? 

2) I think the seller might be a little misguided in his market analysis when he states 

"When you say Steve Ditko Bronze Age horror page, you say $ cha-ching $"

On 1/9/2018 at 2:52 PM, vodou said:

then you should have bought it from my site for 200 or 300 bucks.  :-)

but this was before the "Stats" were added.  it was pure art when i sold it a couple years back.

2 hours ago, Kwan Chang said:

then you should have bought it from my site for 200 or 300 bucks.  :-)

but this was before the "Stats" were added.  it was pure art when i sold it a couple years back.

That’s interesting. I wonder if the added stats contributed to such a high hammer price. It does take two to tango. 

5 hours ago, Jay Olie Espy said:

That’s interesting. I wonder if the added stats contributed to such a high hammer price. It does take two to tango. 

@Jay Olie Espy of course it made a difference.   when steve b. bought it from heritage.  im sure he thought they were original stats as there was nothing stating that they were replacements or not "original stats"