• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

(attempted) Flip of the Day!
12 12

2,075 posts in this topic

Look he is an art dealer. They have to flip and if they don’t make profit they don’t find new old collections and pieces for us to buy. Right ?

What is bad is to alter the art and sell it without letting folks know at 3 or 4 times the price or 4 times the market value.

But I guess we all know who they are.

Sometimes(perhaps most of the time), Seller 'A' lists a piece for sale/auction on eBay.

Buyer 'A' purchases the piece & then 'flips' the piece to Seller 'B'.

Seller 'B' posts the piece for sale on their website with an increased asking price.

[This basic sequence takes place in both 'private' sales & across various 'public' auction sites.]

20190307_144835.jpg

On 2/10/2020 at 5:30 PM, Matches_Malone said:

Kudo's to him. He is an art dealer. 

Just for the record......

I did NOT buy this Curt Swan Superman splash where Superman is getting punched out by Clark Kent, on EBAY......

I got it from a collector privately at double what it sold for on Ebay...But HEY... Thanks for letting me know where it came from....

AND PLEASE......EVERYONE.... keep checking out my website and find your flip of the day and keep posting it..I love this and its quite informative!

ROMITAMAN (dot com)  

6 minutes ago, romitaman said:

I got it from a collector privately at double what it sold for on Ebay...But HEY...

LOL. Caught overpaying again. Bad habit. Keep it up and you'll be out of business, agree:

7 minutes ago, romitaman said:

its quite informative!

Or maybe it just doesn't matter if you're a...

13 minutes ago, vodou said:

LOL. Caught overpaying again. Bad habit. Keep it up and you'll be out of business, agree:

Or maybe it just doesn't matter if you're a...

Anyone who thinks a Curt Swan 37 year old superman full splash with large images of superman and Clark Kent battling is horribly overpriced at 1500 (with negotiations lower always possible)....

I got some pogo strips to offer you for  2000 a daily....A STEAL I TELL YA...!!!!  :)

and I agree with "Mr Mike above...... overpaying is a bad habit.... and puts any business eventually..... out of business.... 

Edited by romitaman

10 minutes ago, vodou said:

Wrong forum ;)

lol (and you can keep 'em!)

nope........ correct forum.....but thanks again MR. MIKE....for reminding us all of your opinion.........again..and again...and again....LOL

Edited by romitaman

1 hour ago, romitaman said:

I got some pogo strips to offer you for  2000 a daily....A STEAL I TELL YA...!!!!  :)

and I agree with "Mr Mike above...... overpaying is a bad habit.... and puts any business eventually..... out of business.... 

Pogo? My word, that sounds about as desirable as Gasoline Alley (which is at least being published I see).

8 hours ago, romitaman said:

nope........ correct forum.....but thanks again MR. MIKE....for reminding us all of your opinion.........again..and again...and again....LOL

Curiously enough - do you have a lot of newspaper strips not posted?  If so let me know!

And don’t defend your market valuations - I notice that you’re only attacked on old art - would love to hear an educated thought on whats overpaying on anything past 1985.

Market has passed them by....

6 hours ago, RS88 said:

- I notice that you’re only attacked on old art - would love to hear an educated thought on whats overpaying on anything past 1985.

Market has passed them by....

1987 =

lol

By all means jump all over it, Mike has already discounted it by $500 because it was such a good buy ;)

1 hour ago, vodou said:

1987 =

lol

By all means jump all over it, Mike has already discounted it by $500 because it was such a good buy ;)

It was actually discounted by $1000, but who's counting? (it's still fugly, by the way)

And RS88, I have a t-shirt for you. Let me know your size.  :)

free romitaman.png

Edited by lobrac

1 hour ago, lobrac said:

It was actually discounted by $1000, but who's counting? (it's still fugly, by the way)

Aw man, busted (again!) on bad math. Okay I give up, hanging up my spurs ;)

$1,000...that's a sweet 15% discount...why isn't anybody jumping all over that? It's 1987 after all...paging RS88, haven't you heard Jusko is the *new* Jim Lee (but cheaper!!)

1 hour ago, cloud cloddie said:

For a while last fall, one page from that book was being offered every single week on Heritage Auction. I got one for under $100 if I recall correctly. Michael Bair did nice work on this story, which was apparently about Mojo using his media powers to mess with the Super Bowl telecast or something. Mojo and Spiral were fun pair, not so much when separated, and Bair's art compared favorably to Arthur Adams. The comic book was supposed to be published in an NFL fanzine, but I guess the fanzine was canceled prematurely.

2 hours ago, RBerman said:

For a while last fall, one page from that book was being offered every single week on Heritage Auction. I got one for under $100 if I recall correctly. Michael Bair did nice work on this story, which was apparently about Mojo using his media powers to mess with the Super Bowl telecast or something. Mojo and Spiral were fun pair, not so much when separated, and Bair's art compared favorably to Arthur Adams. The comic book was supposed to be published in an NFL fanzine, but I guess the fanzine was canceled prematurely.

Yeah, not my collecting focus, just rang a bell on eBay since the pages were on Heritage for weeks and weeks. Not bad art at all, but I feel like they got what they were worth on Heritage. But best of luck to the seller.