• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

(attempted) Flip of the Day!
12 12

2,075 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Drewsky said:

flip2.PNG

flip.PNG

Thanks for sharing Drewsky!  The Dr. Strange doesn't offend me too much because the eBay "flip" auction started at a lower price and theoretically could have ended at a price lower than $325.  The Web of Spider-Man page, however...well, good luck with that.  

7 hours ago, Lee B. said:

Thanks for sharing Drewsky!  The Dr. Strange doesn't offend me too much because the eBay "flip" auction started at a lower price and theoretically could have ended at a price lower than $325.  The Web of Spider-Man page, however...well, good luck with that.  

Yeah, the Doc Strange page went from one no reserve auction to another, rather than going from an auction to a ridiculous BIN price elsewhere. Still, based on the eBay sale against the original purchase price in the other auction (hammer price + 25% BP + shipping + any sales tax), it's not much of a profit...less than $100? But yes, the Web of Spider-Man page, as Lee said, good luck with that.

Edited by lobrac

On 5/9/2020 at 2:16 PM, NC101 said:

A slew of Swan/Anderson pages from early 70s Action Comics and Superman issues have been making a steady stream on Heritage Auctions for the last month or more, but not for $999. I guess there's always the hope of an eBay buyer who doesn't know where similar pages can be had more cheaply. If not for COVID-19, I probably would have picked up one myself.

28 minutes ago, eewwnuk said:

Bwa hahahaha...
that is funny.

Great detective work
Thank you for sharing...

Anyone have an idea who ebay member arthunter_x is?

:golfclap:

59 minutes ago, wurstisart said:

Maybe it’s the same person ?

Promoting the piece ?

Yeah, I think its the same owner.  He likely didn't take down his ebay listing after consigning it to clink.

Malvin

Just now, malvin said:

Yeah, I think its the same owner.  He likely didn't take down his ebay listing after consigning it to clink.

Malvin

although now that I look at the ebay listing, Brazil is a red flag to me (Sorry any Brazillian boards)

Maybe the ebay listing is a scam

Malvin

1 hour ago, malvin said:

Now that I read the ebay description its the same person and he is promoting the Clink auction.

Malvin

He's also cross promoting it on CAF.  Just trying to get the most eyes... but once you signed up with Clink, I thought they had exclusive rights to the sale (so , no ebay)

30 minutes ago, Catwoman_Fan said:

He's also cross promoting it on CAF.  Just trying to get the most eyes... but once you signed up with Clink, I thought they had exclusive rights to the sale (so , no ebay)

On ComicLink, it says "Reserve not met yet." So perhaps the ComicLink contact allows it to remain on eBay until the reserve is met. Stay tuned...

6 hours ago, cloud cloddie said:

I just don’t get this market sometimes. This page was put up on CAF about two weeks ago by a different seller for $13K if I’m remembering correctly. Now it’s for sale from the new owner for ‘taking offers’. 

https://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=1634927

Greed, and a dash of stupid.

1 hour ago, AnkurJ said:

How can you assume greed without knowing the price?

They won't sell it for less than their purchase price, of course, but are hoping an offer will come in which is more than acceptable without taking the risk of posting a price. That, I consider greed. 

I generally won't respond to "open to offers" even if it means missing out on something I like. 

3 hours ago, Rick2you2 said:

They won't sell it for less than their purchase price, of course, but are hoping an offer will come in which is more than acceptable without taking the risk of posting a price. That, I consider greed. 

I generally won't respond to "open to offers" even if it means missing out on something I like. 

I’m not going to make assumptions of their motivations. Just seems counterintuitive to publicly buy a piece from a well known seller, at a price that leaves no meat on the bone, and relist it on the same site two weeks later. (shrug)

12 hours ago, cloud cloddie said:

I just don’t get this market sometimes. This page was put up on CAF about two weeks ago by a different seller for $13K if I’m remembering correctly. Now it’s for sale from the new owner for ‘taking offers’. 

https://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=1634927

One other "Taking Offers" piece from same CAF seller:

https://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=1634930

Sold on eBay for $1,125.00 on May 18, 2020:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Frank-Frazetta-Signed-Original-Art-Caveman-Drawing-Russ-Cochran-Provenance-Conan-/143599584624?hash=item216f33c570%3Ag%3AtWYAAOSwLt5eta39&nma=true&si=TanAT2%2BJKc5oloG1Bb1L%2FPs%2FbPg%3D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557