• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

(attempted) Flip of the Day!
12 12

2,075 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, cloud cloddie said:

I’m not going to make assumptions of their motivations. Just seems counterintuitive to publicly buy a piece from a well known seller, at a price that leaves no meat on the bone, and relist it on the same site two weeks later. (shrug)

Any other possibilities? The only one I can think of is he decided he needed the money, and decided to ask for offers to recoup what he could.

6 hours ago, Real Elijah Snow said:

At any given moment, I guess the argument could be made for all three. This time though, my venom is directed at the bros. 

Maybe I missed it, but what did they do now? The list of things they could have done is pretty long. Change prices, misrepresented some art, add things to art...?

12 minutes ago, Rick2you2 said:

Maybe I missed it, but what did they do now? The list of things they could have done is pretty long. Change prices, misrepresented some art, add things to art...?

he is referring to the post a few above yours, los bros bought a piece and labeled it an alternate cover

16 hours ago, Bird said:

he is referring to the post a few above yours, los bros bought a piece and labeled it an alternate cover

Yup. I was just hating on them. I generally have zero issue with anyone trying to make a buck on their art purchases if that's what they choose to do, but these 2 take it too far with the add-ons. 

In order to add the masthead, they had to remove part of the keyline that was on the OA because the masthead extends up too far. So not only have they added elements, they’ve obliterated part of the art. Yeah, it’s just a keyline, but still...

8 hours ago, drewincanada said:

In order to add the masthead, they had to remove part of the keyline that was on the OA because the masthead extends up too far. So not only have they added elements, they’ve obliterated part of the art. Yeah, it’s just a keyline, but still...

You are right, nothing they do is acceptable and to say it enhances a piece makes no sense.

Edited by wurstisart