• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

(attempted) Flip of the Day!
12 12

2,075 posts in this topic

19 minutes ago, MagnusX said:

Well if you read the description, the seller already:
"Feel terrible listing this for sale".

Poor soul...

:eyeroll:

Well I do feel bad.. but an opportunity popped up for something that never comes available. That I have been looking for for a long time. After speaking to a few people I obviously got a screaming deal and I am not emotionally attached to it yet.. SO would you prefer I put it on EBAY or an auction house where people can pay a ton of fees and taxes or sell to a dealer behind closed doors so you can see it with even more of a mark up?  Just wondering. 

12 minutes ago, Unstoppablejayd said:

Well I do feel bad.. but an opportunity popped up for something that never comes available. That I have been looking for for a long time. After speaking to a few people I obviously got a screaming deal and I am not emotionally attached to it yet.. SO would you prefer I put it on EBAY or an auction house where people can pay a ton of fees and taxes or sell to a dealer behind closed doors so you can see it with even more of a mark up?  Just wondering. 

Whatever make you feel less terrible...

(thumbsu

Sold for 175 USD in May 20, 2020 :

https://www.ebay.com/itm/X-Men-Legacy-Issue-208-Page-1-Original-Artwork-/254602154248?hash=item3b47789108%3Ag%3A5wQAAOSwI5Felb2w&nma=true&si=BWctq%2F%2BEB9PGQ9pJSxBSUbVgOII%3D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

The initial seller sold it with this mention "Signed by Greg Land" :smile: to the first flipper available (see bidding history)...

...even if he had already sold one month earlier a JR Jr he had correctly described this time :

https://www.ebay.com/itm/John-Romita-Jr-and-Joe-Rubenstein-X-Men-issue-7-page-5-original-artwork-/254569560657?hash=item3b45873a51%3Ag%3AHeQAAOSwoP1eklyV&nma=true&si=BWctq%2F%2BEB9PGQ9pJSxBSUbVgOII%3D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Let's say the Covid crisis has already some surprising effects.

The conclusion :

Two weeks later, and now, 850 USD :

https://www.ebay.com/itm/264760985467

(so overpriced, IMHO, and even the new seller is not mentioning the inks are by Klaus Janson...)

Edited by Ecclectica

46 minutes ago, lobrac said:

Well this time he decide to fly solo
and ditch mike.

Will he soar?

I doubt it...

Edited by MagnusX

9 hours ago, cloud cloddie said:

And the Jim piece isn’t a crazy markup, but it’s probably only being called out because everybody is sick of him spamming this forum and mailing lists with ‘new art’ posts just for it to end up on your site within the week. So as usual you miss the point. Nobody cares that YOU are selling the art. You’re a dealer and you can and should sell whatever you want. People, at least me, are just tired of his sale posts masquerading as sharing personal art. 

Odd too, I guess, that Jim doesn't post directly himself on the matter but instead needs his big brother to step into the criticism...on his behalf.

14 hours ago, vodou said:

Odd too, I guess, that Jim doesn't post directly himself on the matter but instead needs his big brother to step into the criticism...on his behalf.

I've told Jim he should post here but he says he would rather let the children have their way.....

Oh........Did someone say these posts i love to read are a meltdown? seriously?

I love you guys...Especially my beloved voodoo....... who is getting seriously close to his next commission check!!  :)

oops sorry.........gotta go..........Just sold 12 more pieces of art today  (thanks to this humbling thread possibly?????) ..........

gotta pack pack pack up more art to ship out Monday..... 

And Happy Fathers Day weekend to all the dad's out there!!!!!

Stay Safe folks!!!!  :download:

Edited by romitaman