• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

(attempted) Flip of the Day!
12 12

2,084 posts in this topic

On 6/20/2020 at 5:04 AM, cloud cloddie said:

Maybe spend more time vetting your pieces than measuring yourself in front of us children. 

http://www.romitaman.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=23301&ArtistId=1168

That’s not Jean Grey. It’s Colleen Wing. 

i'll say this a 2nd time since it seems a few here are not understanding posts.

I was relaying Jim Damico's message previously (not mine) ....  and it was stated in the most elementary of ways for all to comprehend.

if anyone has issues with Jim Damico and what he does with his artwork,  i'm pretty sure he will talk to anyone privately about it, He has a CAF gallery or email me for his private email..... Just my 2 cents

and thanks for the X-men info mr or mrs cloddie... you just got a credit on my website if you click the link (since most keep their identities secret here i have no idea who anyone truly is)

your info was very much appreciated.............and it's SOLD! 

thanks.... and stay safe out there folks!  :download:

Edited by romitaman

On 6/20/2020 at 12:19 AM, romitaman said:

I've told Jim he should post here but he says he would rather let the children have their way.....

Oh........Did someone say these posts i love to read are a meltdown? seriously?

I love you guys...Especially my beloved voodoo....... who is getting seriously close to his next commission check!!  :)

oops sorry.........gotta go..........Just sold 12 more pieces of art today  (thanks to this humbling thread possibly?????) ..........

gotta pack pack pack up more art to ship out Monday..... 

And Happy Fathers Day weekend to all the dad's out there!!!!!

Stay Safe folks!!!!  :download:

Look at Mike dropping the mic 🎤 haha

I love this chat board so much.

Just because something is marked as sold, it does not necessarily mean it actually sold for money or sold at all.  Traded, consignment pulled back to the owner, put back into collection for sale later, placed into auction, etc. are all possible.  

HULK VS. THOR try-out by Artist Unknown. Sold on Comiclink on July 14, 2020 for $1. Consignor lost $4 as Comiclink charges a minimum of $5 per listing for items that sell for less than $50.

https://comiclink.com/auctions/item.asp?back=%2FAUCTIONS%2FSEARCH.ASP%3FFocusedOnly%3D1%26where%3Dauctions%26title%3Dhulk%26GO%3DGO%26ItemType%3DCA%23Item_1407972&id=1407972&itemType=1

Now on eBay for $55 opening bid. 55x mark up. This could be a record for Flip-of-the-Day?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/HULK-VS-THOR-TRY-OUT-PAGE-Artist-unkknown/174351671165?hash=item28982b5f7d:g:PFsAAOSwQY1fEQEP

Edited by lobrac

16 minutes ago, lobrac said:

HULK VS. THOR try-out by Artist Unknown. Sold on Comiclink on July 14, 2020 for $1. Consignor lost $4 as Comiclink charges a minimum of $5 per listing for items that sell for less than $50.

https://comiclink.com/auctions/item.asp?back=%2FAUCTIONS%2FSEARCH.ASP%3FFocusedOnly%3D1%26where%3Dauctions%26title%3Dhulk%26GO%3DGO%26ItemType%3DCA%23Item_1407972&id=1407972&itemType=1

Now on eBay for $55 opening bid. 55x mark up. This could be a record for Flip-of-the-Day?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/HULK-VS-THOR-TRY-OUT-PAGE-Artist-unkknown/174351671165?hash=item28982b5f7d:g:PFsAAOSwQY1fEQEP

I think clink minimum is $10 now

Malvin 

I don't participate in this thread much since I think what someone does with their art is their business.  I also buy and sell all the time as many of you know (I do auction most of it though).  I tell my wife doing that helps me self fund the hobby, although I am sure she is aware that my buying and selling isn't going to make up for the 5 figures I spent on HA and Clink the last couple of weeks :nyah:

Anyways, I bought a Punisher turnaround by an unknown artist on ebay for 10 bucks a few years ago.  I bought other things from the seller so my cost really was only $10.  It was solidly done so I thought it was a pro and not an amateur drawing but I couldn't figure it out. I even showed Bob McLeod when he was at a local con in the hopes he could ID the penciller.  All he could conclude was that the penciller was likely a Pro and not an amateur (but not a good one he said).

I gave up trying to identify it and sold it during comicart live for $17.

Now it's available as a Steve Dillon Punisher piece for $1,500

CAF Link

Malvin

4 hours ago, malvin said:

I don't participate in this thread much since I think what someone does with their art is their business.  I also buy and sell all the time as many of you know (I do auction most of it though).  I tell my wife doing that helps me self fund the hobby, although I am sure she is aware that my buying and selling isn't going to make up for the 5 figures I spent on HA and Clink the last couple of weeks :nyah:

Anyways, I bought a Punisher turnaround by an unknown artist on ebay for 10 bucks a few years ago.  I bought other things from the seller so my cost really was only $10.  It was solidly done so I thought it was a pro and not an amateur drawing but I couldn't figure it out. I even showed Bob McLeod when he was at a local con in the hopes he could ID the penciller.  All he could conclude was that the penciller was likely a Pro and not an amateur (but not a good one he said).

CAF Link

Malvin

943136EC-268C-4B5D-A99B-8959011C489D.thumb.jpeg.f056d723af47ef26b43cd4edffbde184.jpeg

On 6/27/2020 at 8:20 PM, eewwnuk said:

I may be in the minority here, but I don't know what is more surprising to me, it selling for $2400 or someone asking $8k for it. :sick:

8 hours ago, malvin said:

CAF Link

Malvin

My takeaway from this is that you made a 70% profit on your original $10 investment. Woo hoo!

10 hours ago, malvin said:

CAF Link

Malvin

I saw that posting, too. I thought, “Isn’t that the one Malvin was selling dirt cheap? I don’t remember it being attributed to Dillon. Maybe it’s not the same one.”

No way that’s Steve Dillon. I don’t buy that it’s his line work without provenance or an editor confirming it. That’s the thing, with Steve gone you can’t get a confirmation, which can also be exploited. 

On 7/17/2020 at 9:02 AM, lobrac said:

Oh yeah, the other thing is the page has not sold.  Like many of the attempted flips listed here.

I once bought a page for $10 and I consigned it to CLINK and it went for $500+

Malvin