• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

(attempted) Flip of the Day!
12 12

2,075 posts in this topic

On 7/22/2020 at 9:35 PM, malvin said:

Oh yeah, the other thing is the page has not sold.  Like many of the attempted flips listed here.

I once bought a page for $10 and I consigned it to CLINK and it went for $500+

Malvin

Actually, it did sell. It was relisted at $75 (higher) and somebody bought it. Congrats to the flipper for making a huge % gain and my condolences to the new owner.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/HULK-VS-THOR-TRY-OUT-PAGE-Artist-unkknown-/184374586126?hash=item2aed94eb0e%3Ag%3APFsAAOSwQY1fEQEP&nma=true&si=TanAT2%2BJKc5oloG1Bb1L%2FPs%2FbPg%3D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

My name is Lee, and I'm a flipper. 

I bought this Jungle Action page from Billy Graham's family, via Jason Schachter (the Marvel UK credits Jason Schachter) for $800 in April 2018, and sold it to Rich Donnelly for $850 in April 2019.  That's how I roll, and I make no apologies. 

But really, I'm just posting to celebrate the "flip thread" topping 100K views.  It seems to be a thread people love to hate, or a guilty pleasure, but I think it provides at least a limited service to inexperienced collectors who may be confronted with silly asking prices from time to time. 

Thanks to Steve K. for (im)moral support, and to all the posters.  And look out Commission Collecting thread, we're coming for you!

JungleAction18_31.jpg

4 hours ago, Lee B. said:

I bought this Jungle Action page from Billy Graham's family, via Jason Schachter (the Marvel UK credits Jason Schachter) for $800 in April 2018, and sold it to Rich Donnelly for $850 in April 2019.  That's how I roll, and I make no apologies. 

But really, I'm just posting to celebrate the "flip thread" topping 100K views.  It seems to be a thread people love to hate, or a guilty pleasure, but I think it provides at least a limited service to inexperienced collectors who may be confronted with silly asking prices from time to time. 

Thanks to Steve K. for (im)moral support, and to all the posters.  And look out Commission Collecting thread, we're coming for you!

JungleAction18_31.jpg

Any idea what they were trying to get for it? 

38 minutes ago, Rick2you2 said:

Any idea what they were trying to get for it? 

Ha ha ha...ask them. Not only will you get a price on this but a list of everything Billy Graham and everything Black Panther and everything that...well, whatever else they think you might be dumb enough to buy.

Anybody want to start a thread where we just post those e-mail "quotes" verbatim? That would be fun ;)  Especially when we see overlap quotes with vastly different prices from the same time-frame!

6 hours ago, Lee B. said:

JungleAction18_31.jpg

Lee I’m sure there’s a 12 step program for flippers out there. Be strong! 

1 hour ago, vodou said:

Ha ha ha...ask them. Not only will you get a price on this but a list of everything Billy Graham and everything Black Panther and everything that...well, whatever else they think you might be dumb enough to buy.

Anybody want to start a thread where we just post those e-mail "quotes" verbatim? That would be fun ;)  Especially when we see overlap quotes with vastly different prices from the same time-frame!

I have an email saved I could contribute 

6 hours ago, wurstisart said:

The last thing you want to do is flip Albert at 10 X..... If he thinks he left meat on the bone on even one piece 😱

Think about the rest of us Flipper!!!! Prices are high enough.

3 hours ago, grapeape said:

The last thing you want to do is flip Albert at 10 X..... If he thinks he left meat on the bone on even one piece 😱

How do you know that Albert didn’t post it? 

On 8/18/2020 at 6:31 AM, grapeape said:

Albert's is the prelim.  The other one is the final version.

10 hours ago, Marwai said:

We call this the Nick Cage...

When a full set of art hair suffers receding hairline and male pattern baldness.

3 minutes ago, gumbydarnit said:

You know flipping is ok, I’ve move pages around to upgrade myself but usually in a manner that I wouldn’t classified as flip.

IF you intend to quick flip, don’t come to the person holding your target page and commence in friendly getting to know you banter and butter em up, telling them that artist x is your favorite artist and would love to add that page to your collection.... ONLY to list it in the next available auction.

INSTEAD just ask if they would sell you the page and for how much. Sure you can be nice BUT drop the pretense that you need it for your collection. 

People are funny, they like honesty, and as slick as you think you are the hobby is a lot smaller than you think, and we REALLY like to talk...  just sayin!

Yes exactly. If you’re that collector saying one thing but doing the other it catches up to you.