• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

(attempted) Flip of the Day!
12 12

2,075 posts in this topic

8 hours ago, Blastaar said:

I like the guy...(shrug)

I like him, too.  And I have no doubt others do things like this, too, or worse, like adding trade dress to drawings to make them look like unpublished covers. The point is that this is a rigged market, designed to suck out every last dollar it can from the innocent, over-enthused, greedy or dumb. Keep that it in mind when you bid and buy: and don’t swallow the “market price” as justifying a high price. That is why you will never see me spend $10,000 for a piece of art—not worth it.

Edited by Rick2you2

3 hours ago, cloud cloddie said:

DeZuniga. The very last artist anyone thinks of when the word "X-Men" comes up lol

Nice Twilight double-splash from José Luis García-López.

Sold the first time on Ebay around June 2020 in the 500-700 $ range (sorry, can't remember the exact price)

Re-sold one week ago for 1247$

https://www.ebay.com/itm/ORIGINAL-DC-ART-TWILIGHT-1-1990-COMIC-SPLASH-PAGE-JOSE-LUIS-GARCIA-LOPEZ-SCI-FI-/264937229622?nma=true&si=0WFy5Hlv1sSlxheBVsCBhD8n1rg%3D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

1 hour ago, Ecclectica said:

Nice Twilight double-splash from José Luis García-López.

Sold the first time on Ebay around June 2020 in the 500-700 $ range (sorry, can't remember the exact price)

Re-sold one week ago for 1247$

https://www.ebay.com/itm/ORIGINAL-DC-ART-TWILIGHT-1-1990-COMIC-SPLASH-PAGE-JOSE-LUIS-GARCIA-LOPEZ-SCI-FI-/264937229622?nma=true&si=0WFy5Hlv1sSlxheBVsCBhD8n1rg%3D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

I don’t think that’s attempted at that point. Bought under market and found a buyer. Mission accomplished.