• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

(attempted) Flip of the Day!
12 12

2,075 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, Stefanomjr said:

Probably makes no difference but I think they made an error when they put that page up on the site. Should be a DPS but each page listed individually as $9k (in error?)

image.png.95ce77d44f4e310406ff4f23841a5e6b.png

Drop $9k and I guarantee you'll never forget Paris. The looming black whole swallowing the 7th arrondissement, I am not so sure. 

On 8/23/2018 at 10:22 AM, JadeGiant said:

Communication breakdown (is what this is)
It's always the same (you guys are going in circles)
I'm having a nervous breakdown (well, not yet but if you guys can’t stop …)
Drive me insane! (where this thread is going)

absolutely stellar use of Zeppelin to make your point, sir. 

Sold on Heritage yesterday (Sunday, Oct. 28) for $432:

https://comics.ha.com/itm/original-comic-art/mike-esposito-dracula-lives-29-cover-original-art-marvel-uk-1975-/a/121843-14056.s?ic4=ListView-ShortDescription-071515

Now, less than 24 hours later, on CAF for $900:

https://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=1508377&GSub=171439

Notice the seller has lifted Heritage’s entire description except for editing out one part: “Marginal moisture staining and light toning.” Guess they didn’t think that was important? Not that they would even know if it’s true since they don’t have the art in hand yet. Erik Essington, once again making collecting comic art great again!

2 hours ago, lobrac said:

Sold on Heritage yesterday (Sunday, Oct. 28) for $432:

https://comics.ha.com/itm/original-comic-art/mike-esposito-dracula-lives-29-cover-original-art-marvel-uk-1975-/a/121843-14056.s?ic4=ListView-ShortDescription-071515

Now, less than 24 hours later, on CAF for $900:

https://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=1508377&GSub=171439

Notice the seller has lifted Heritage’s entire description except for editing out one part: “Marginal moisture staining and light toning.” Guess they didn’t think that was important? Not that they would even know if it’s true since they don’t have the art in hand yet. Erik Essington, once again making collecting comic art great again!

I consigned it to Heritage, and when I saw Eric post it on CAF, I made a comment how nice of him to try to flip the art when he didn’t have it in his possession yet.

Needless to say he didn’t like my comment, and has since deleted it.

MI

2 minutes ago, Bird said:

I don't usually get involved but I left a follow-up comment as well. I blocked him on ebay too as I would prefer not to deal with shady characters (which is a generous label for sure).

Where's that follow up coment?  hm

Just now, glendgold said:

wow, didn't last a minute! I said it was a misrepresentation and asked how "by inker Esposito and an unknown penciller" became "Mike Esposito (penciller)".

3 minutes ago, glendgold said:

Too bad they don't use the boards software...I went back, hoping I could click the leave a comment and it would all fill in what I wrote like it would here but no luck.

1 hour ago, glendgold said:

Huh.  I'm also intrigued by the exhange below, which really opens up new vistas in attributing artwork.  

Screen Shot 2018-10-29 at 4.10.24 PM.png

Seems he’s deleted my comment as well now, but to be fair, he has changed the artist attribution to Espo as inker.  Maybe he’ll know more once he gets the art in hand, or maybe not. 

3 minutes ago, cesium_7 said:

Seems he’s deleted my comment as well now, but to be fair, he has changed the artist attribution to Espo as inker.  Maybe he’ll know more once he gets the art in hand, or maybe not. 

he also dropped the price from 900 to 700

honesty costs $200 these days!

1 hour ago, Pete Marino said:

looks like he's asking facebook for help as well from the original comic art collectors group:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/459273764470607/

image.png.967446ea410d1828b20de79c00ae72d7.png

He's all over facebook....for comics he pulls double duty. He's in the CGC collectors group, where you can't sell, and it's only to show off books in your collection, and simultaneously lists the exact same books with the exact same description (but for an asking price) for sale in the Slabbed Books for sale Facebook group. 

16 hours ago, vodou said:

Funny stuff re: Essington today. Has anybody actually met him, does he exist or is this a phantom account/name for somebody none of would otherwise do business out of the gate?

I've seen him on Instagram where he was also listed a ROM page I had sold on comiclink. doh! He also seems to deal in selling comics on there.

3 hours ago, Bird said:

I have no problem with the Flippin think it’s a reasonable side hustle but you can’t be dishonest with your buyers

This is the way I feel, too.  If sellers would simply be truthful, without deceit, I don't care if they make a quick buck if it is something they found that I want.  David