• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

(attempted) Flip of the Day!
12 12

2,088 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Panelfan1 said:

anthony has a ton of art and is usually fair with pricing. the exception seems to be when he gets something he views as above average. he prices those things higher than they might otherwise be worth at the time. not coolyness level mind you -but not a quick flip item either.   not sure if he still has it -but he was selling a cho avengers cover for 10k - unsold for years. then raised the price even higher.

I'll agree his pricing is fair. This is just showing how quickly a piece was flipped from an artist, to a "collector", and then to a dealer. All within the same show. Is the piece really worth 33.3333333% more in that short period of time?

11 hours ago, Panelfan1 said:

...not coolyness level...

Gosh I've seen this once or twice before. Let's not beat around the bush. It's CoolLines, Cool Lines, The Brothers, The Donnellys, Steve or Stephen Donnelly, San Mateo Art, and probably tons more et al too :)lol

55 minutes ago, vodou said:

Gosh I've seen this once or twice before. Let's not beat around the bush. It's CoolLines, Cool Lines, The Brothers, The Donnellys, Steve or Stephen Donnelly, San Mateo Art, and probably tons more et al too :)lol

Don't forget the good 'ol AOL account.  valnstevez.aol

https://www.ebay.com/usr/valnstevez.aol?_trksid=p2047675.l2559

7 hours ago, vodou said:

the coolyness thing comes from the fact that the words cool lines are put together - so - where its unclear how to say it. . so I say cooli -ness!

On 4/10/2018 at 11:01 PM, AnkurJ said:

I'll agree his pricing is fair. This is just showing how quickly a piece was flipped from an artist, to a "collector", and then to a dealer. All within the same show. Is the piece really worth 33.3333333% more in that short period of time?

I'll answer that one as I'm the guy who picked it up from Anthony's site.  Is it worth 33% more after a few days, no of course not.  I figured there was a good markup I was paying for and not the first time I've done it.  I missed out as I didn't see the piece for sale by Frank in time and couldn't get out to Chicago for C2E2 anyway.  I was looking for a good Cho piece in parallel to the right Spidey 800 cover.  Maybe the fact they intersected saved me some overall money!  (reaching justification :smile:)  The plan is to keep this one for a good long while so we'll see how the value plays out.  

Edited by Sooners151

50 minutes ago, Sooners151 said:

I'll answer that one as I'm the guy who picked it up from Anthony's site.  Is it worth 33% more after a few days, no of course not.  I figured there was a good markup I was paying for and not the first time I've done it.  I missed out as I didn't see the piece for sale by Frank in time and couldn't get out to Chicago for C2E2 anyway.  I was looking for a good Cho piece in parallel to the right Spidey 800 cover.  Maybe the fact they intersected saved me some overall money!  (reaching justification :smile:)  The plan is to keep this one for a good long while so we'll see how the value plays out.  

Congrats to you and Anthony! Nuff Said

51 minutes ago, lobrac said:

You gotta love the seller's other auction, which is a $250K comic art website domain name. 

WEREWOLF BY NIGHT #9 PAGE 9 sold on eBay on May 14 for $1,352

https://www.ebay.com/itm/WEREWOLF-BY-NIGHT-9-Marvel-Original-Comic-Book-Art-1973-TOM-SUTTON-/222968901656?hash=item33e9fb7018%3Ag%3ATlUAAOSwWHZa75T2&nma=true&si=2uOR%2FNN6u%2FazXo4ky32ENeJso0A%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Now for sale again on eBay, but wait a second, it's the same seller....could it be? I think it is...welcome back Matt Stock (A/K/A "Make Mine Marvel") now using another one of his eBay handles??? Or so it sure seems like it.

"Winning" bidder n***s(35) "won" and bid on several of kane-and-romita auctions that ended last week. So will be interesting to see if anything else gets relisted. And I may be completely wrong and it was a legit bidder who backed out. Only the Zagor Knows...
 Reply  Reply All  Forward

Edited by lobrac

9 hours ago, lobrac said:

WEREWOLF BY NIGHT #9 PAGE 9 sold on eBay on May 14 for $1,352

https://www.ebay.com/itm/WEREWOLF-BY-NIGHT-9-Marvel-Original-Comic-Book-Art-1973-TOM-SUTTON-/222968901656?hash=item33e9fb7018%3Ag%3ATlUAAOSwWHZa75T2&nma=true&si=2uOR%2FNN6u%2FazXo4ky32ENeJso0A%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Now for sale again on eBay, but wait a second, it's the same seller....could it be? I think it is...welcome back Matt Stock (A/K/A "Make Mine Marvel") now using another one of his eBay handles??? Or so it sure seems like it.

"Winning" bidder n***s(35) "won" and bid on several of kane-and-romita auctions that ended last week. So will be interesting to see if anything else gets relisted. And I may be completely wrong and it was a legit bidder who backed out. Only the Zagor Knows...
 Reply  Reply All  Forward

Matt Stock has at least 2 eBay accounts that he has been using for years - alternates between the 2, but is sloppy enough to sell art and Wacky Packages related its in both that it's obvious they are the same person. If you look at the account name history for both you see a pattern (of deception) where he changes his name ever so often to obscure who he is and what he's likely been shilling. I'm sure there are some other dummy accounts. Below are the eBay ID history for the old Make Mine Marvel account, and the the current kane-and-romita account that he's been alternating between.

1127502121_ScreenShot2018-05-08at3_50_25AM.png.3728ce0688977a999da4d569ad5d3f41.png922055336_ScreenShot2018-05-08at3_41_09AM.png.48497ca4395a36d4dfdab533370290fc.png

So I saw this posted on eBay - and tried to research what card series it was from:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/X-MEN-1990s-TRADING-CARDS-Original-Art-by-LEE-WEEKS-w-MAGNETO/332671376892?hash=item4d74c25dfc:g:pioAAOSwYK1bEYIZ

there are two other auctions with a $200 BIN also, by Lee Weeks, that are mutant related- not bothering to post them because you can see all three together right here on Clink, where he bought it as ONE piece of art, which he has since cut into 3 pieces to sell each for what he paid for the original :

http://www.comiclink.com/itemdetail.asp?back=%2Fsubsection.asp%3Fid%3D29668&id=1250648

im sorry , there’s a special place in hell for this guy. He can’t even ID the cards, which means they may have been intended to be one piece- I know I recognize at least one of the three. They may have been insets on the back of some cards. Whatever, the original got chopped up, and that’s not cool at all.

22 hours ago, AnkurJ said:

hi

these guys do that all the time.  I dont think they really want to sell. not exactly coolli-nes , but another vendor that likes to double auction prices on a regular basis.

55 minutes ago, Panelfan1 said:

not a quick flip - or possibly not a flip at all if this item was traded in - but either way - price is almost 2x in a short time.

Neal Adams - Batman stacked deck

Albert Moy $25,000

HA.com Nov 2017 $13,145

lf.jpg

For another $5k I’d rather get 2 Jim Lee Lake Como commissions. ???