• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Berk Collection Auction Wins
5 5

411 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, lpsunburst said:

Berk Collection Auction Wins

Please post your wins in this thread to share with your fellow jealous boardies! I hope to have a few of my own to post when we hit my part of the alphabet.

Is there a way to check what the Berk books sold for on the website?

12 minutes ago, mosconi said:

Is there a way to check what the Berk books sold for on the website?

Yes, as has already been posted many times before.

All you have to do is to retrieve the individual email messages which CC had sent to you last week as they will have links to every single one of their auction lots.  In addition, the links are up there indiefinitely as I am still able to call up auctions from years ago.  (thumbsu

18 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

All you have to do is to retrieve the individual email messages which CC had sent to you last week as they will have links to every single one of their auction lots.  In addition, the links are up there indiefinitely as I am still able to call up auctions from years ago.  (thumbsu

What browser do you use, as this never seems to work for me. Are you talking about just calling up the search page? That's the only link I get in their emails. If I hit Sold Items I get all the listings in alphabetical order, but can't search them. The search function just reverts to what's available. 

12 minutes ago, rjpb said:
35 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

What browser do you use, as this never seems to work for me. Are you talking about just calling up the search page? That's the only link I get in their emails. If I hit Sold Items I get all the listings in alphabetical order, but can't search them. The search function just reverts to what's available. 

The browser should not make a difference at all as it's just a matter of retrieving the emails which were sent to you from CC.  :gossip:

For example, the Session 2 auction links for today promoting the Jon Berk Collection were sent in 2 separate email messages back on may 25th.  The Session 1 auction links for what took place yesterday were sent out in 3 separate email message on May 22nd for the first portion and on May 23 for the last 2 portions.  The last ones for Session 5 coming this Friday were sent out in 2 separate email messages on June 8th and June 9th.

As lou_fine says, you should have gotten emails the last two weeks with individual text links to every single auction... these are different than the generic "ending tonight..." emails they send which don't have those links. They normally send a total of 5 emails of links (one for each of the 5 days of auctions), but there were actually a total of 12 this time as there are so many items in these auctions. If none of this sounds familiar, might be a spam filter issue for you.

Edited by Point Five

3 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

The browser should not make a difference at all as it's just a matter of retrieving the emails which were sent to you from CC.  :gossip:

For example, the Session 2 auction links for today promoting the Jon Berk Collection were sent in 2 separate email messages back on may 25th.  The Session 1 auction links for what took place yesterday were sent out in 3 separate email message on May 22nd for the first portion and on May 23 for the last 2 portions.  The last ones for Session 5 coming this Friday were sent out in 2 separate email messages on June 8th and June 9th.

I don't get those emails from CC

2 minutes ago, rjpb said:
6 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

Then I assume it's a simple matter of contacting them and asking to be put on their mailing list which they would be more than happy to.

You should also check you Spam box to see if your system is simply turfing them out before it hits your in basket.  Once you start getting them, be sure to not hit the Unsubscribe button and you should be good to go.  (thumbsu

Just now, Gotham Kid said:

+1

5 minutes ago, Point Five said:

As lou_fine says, you should have gotten emails the last two weeks with individual text links to every single auction... these are different than the generic "ending tonight..." emails they send which don't have those links. They normally send a total of 5 emails of links (one for each of the 5 days of auctions), but there were actually a total of 12 this time as there are so many items in these auctions. If none of this sounds familiar, might be a spam filter issue for you.

Not in spam folder or anywhere. Some of us are less special than others.

5 minutes ago, Gotham Kid said:
8 minutes ago, rjpb said:

+1

Peter;

That's not possible since you seem to be a good customer of theirs.

I have yet to purchase a single book from CC until this auction here, and yet I have been on their mailing list since forever. 

Go figure that.  ???

2 minutes ago, lou_fine said:
11 minutes ago, Gotham Kid said:
14 minutes ago, rjpb said:

+1

Peter;

That's not possible since you seem to be a good customer of theirs.

I have yet to purchase a single book from CC until this auction here, and yet I have been on their mailing list since forever. 

Go figure that.  ???

I will check the Spam folder as you mention. My gmail account gets a LOT of emails ( and a lot unsolicited )

Rob did send me an email direct about 20 min ago though.

Edited by Gotham Kid

I checked my profile. I've got the box checked for their newsletter, and I know they have the right email address as I get confirmation/outbid notices. For some reason I'm not on the list though(shrug)

5 minutes ago, rjpb said:

I've got the box checked for their newsletter

Just found the reason for me. Went looking for it in my profile ( had never noticed it ). Box was never checked. doh!

Edited by Gotham Kid